Idle stop and go systems. Do you like it?

I despise it. The first thing I did when I got home in my new Jaguar was disable it. Fortunately it was as simple as pulling a connector under the cargo compartment in the rear hatch. I understand other automakers make it difficult, sometime requiring an aftermarket device to bypass the auto start/stop. But I would find a way to do it, one way or another.

Regardless of what the automakers say, I can't believe that there won't be long term detrimental effects to things like battery life or starter life.

Don't like these feature my 2020 Subaru Crosstrek with these feature,the first day I have it 5 miles trip it turn off and on 7x during stop and go traffic,worst is one time turning left on light with my signal on that engine turn off an on almost hit the car coming straight,yup sold it to carvana.Now owned 2023 Mazda CX-30 none of that and no CVT.

No, don’t like that. Glad I don’t have it on my car. But it’s a manual transmission so I don’t know how that would work.

F09B7192-823E-4F03-A704-E82FB4F7F596.gif

I disable it by putting the auto trans into S or hitting the disable button around town/rural. Sometime I work around it by nt coming to a compete stop - the old slow roll.

I found myself in the city the other day and I let it do its ST-STP thing as I slowly progressed through what seemed like 15 stop-lit intersections

Have it on my ‘22 Jeep GC. Apparently none of the companies that make ESS disablers are making one for the WL’s. I contacted one of them and was told it would require more dashboard disassembly than most purchasers would be willing to do. Luckily, the disable button is right next to the start button.

I generally don't like it.

But it is sometimes nice to not have to hold the brake as hard at a stop.
I don't like it because you have to hold the brakes at a light on my FORD. Mine re-engages when you let off the brake. That doesn't sound safe does it. Why I almost lost an Arm when retrieving mail from my mailbox from inside the car - when I first got it.

I like to reposition my legs at a stop in a normal chair seating position to assist in blood circulation.

I always press the button to disable it. I would however leave it on if it were a Toyota hybrid as the starter is the MG1 generator and is on the central axis of the crank on those cars. But on my escalade it's just a bog standard starter on the outside of the flywheel. The Toyota was engineered for it. My truck has that added on after the fact.

Don't like these feature my 2020 Subaru Crosstrek with these feature,the first day I have it 5 miles trip it turn off and on 7x during stop and go traffic,worst is one time turning left on light with my signal on that engine turn off an on almost hit the car coming straight,yup sold it to carvana.Now owned 2023 Mazda CX-30 none of that and no CVT.
IMHO you hit the modern day car jackpot not having this or a CVT! Congrats

Well … the Jeep annoys me because I can’t stop at a lonely stop sign for 2 seconds w/o a S/S event …
If it was meant for traffic lights - needs a few seconds of lag built in …
The other negative = stacked batteries … What a pain …

I don't mind it but I disable it in the summer as it doesn't stay on for the A/C. After 6 or so secs at a stoplight you are saving fuel so cool.

Well … the Jeep annoys me because I can’t stop at a lonely stop sign for 2 seconds w/o a S/S event …
If it was meant for traffic lights - needs a few seconds of lag built in …
The other negative = stacked batteries … What a pain …
I ave been rolling up to and then through stop lights. This much better for fuel mileage anyhow to not dead stop.
I am mastering the brake to an almost stop - maybe 1mph roll - look both ways and ... on the gas !

Back