Idemitsu 0W20 High Mileage (75kmi)

I’m happier now with HPL than I was when I spent beaucoup money on Ravenol DXG and it sheared/diluted out of grade in 6k miles of easy highway driving.

HPL’s massive fleet testing gives a measure of confidence that is difficult to come by with some brands.
Trav with his German connections has warned us about Ravenol being maybe overhyped.

Does anybody know, or know of a VOA on Idemitsu 5W30? I'm not seeing it here or on the PQIA site. I'm interested to know if the Moly and Boron levels are anything like the 0W20 HM.

Looks like Idemitsu discontinued their High Mileage 0W-20. Guess that's why it was so hard to find lately.

They have some new IFG line. "Introducing the all-new IFG Series of engine oils precision-tailored to provide peak performance thanks to cutting-edge nanotechnology. Idemitsu now provides three specific levels of performance and protection. Our technicians work closely with engineers from OEMs such as Honda, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota, and we apply those insights to our engine oils."

Looks like Idemitsu discontinued their High Mileage 0W-20. Guess that's why it was so hard to find lately.

They have some new IFG line. "Introducing the all-new IFG Series of engine oils precision-tailored to provide peak performance thanks to cutting-edge nanotechnology. Idemitsu now provides three specific levels of performance and protection. Our technicians work closely with engineers from OEMs such as Honda, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota, and we apply those insights to our engine oils."

I smell a RAT!

As in “Robust Additive Technology.”

I had used Idemitsu for a couple of oil changes in the Outback and I had no issues with their oil.

But, clicking on the link and reading all of the “word salad” associated with each of the viscosities sounds like someone running for political office or a marketing exec on meth.

I called and spoke with a technical representative at Idemitsu yesterday, and he told me that the IFG is the exact same formulation as the gold bottle oil. The only thing that changed was the name to IFG and the packaging.

“………Introducing the all-new IFG Series of engine oils precision-tailored to provide peak performance thanks to cutting-edge nanotechnology. Idemitsu now provides three specific levels of performance and protection.”

If the tech rep is correct then they lied.

Well, I know I heard what he said. Then again, he had no idea what IFG stood for. Do you know?
Idemitsu Four-wheelers Gasoline (IFG)
Idemitsu Four-wheelers Dual (IFD)
Idemitsu Riders Gasoline (IRG)

Idemitsu IFG- and IFD-series engine oils will be available in three categories: Flagship (IFG7/IFD7 series), High Premium (IFG5 series), and Premium (IFG3/IFD3 series)

Idemitsu IRG series engine oil will also be available in three categories: Flagship (IRG7 series), High Premium (IRG5 series), and Premium (IRG3 series)

Where are you getting that information from?
And elsewhere:

You asked what the designation meant and that article tells you. Are you suggesting the letters mean something different in the US?

What I'm saying is, none of that makes much sense at all, the meanings. 'Four-wheelers' and 'Riders' allude to ATV and motorbike usage.

Back