I should name my bike Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to kill me is what she did yesterday. Tossed me over her handlebars and mangled, possibly broke my pinky finger. The front wheel hit a hidden rut. I performed a 270° endo and landed on my back. Luckily the bike landed softly on me, so there's not damage. To the bike that is. Somehow the little finger on my right hand got caught and pinched or something. I got a nifty, very goth looking subungual hematoma. The nail's definitely going to fall off. The distant phalanx may be broken. I suppose a popsicle stick and a little duct tape will fix that in a jiffy. Luckily my medius wasn't hurt. I need that one daily.

Does anyone wanna see a pic?
LOL.gif

Oh my!
shocked2.gif

It may be novel to name the bike Christine, but it's not the bike's fault, it's the rut in waiting that's at fault here!

Sure, bring on a pic of the short timer.

Glad to hear that you are still with us.

I am expecting some high quality shots of this attempted murder.
35.gif

In motorcycle terms what happened to you is called 'high side'. For a motorcycle accident it is considered very serious, more so if the bike then hits you.

Glad to hear your digitus medius is still in working order. Hopefully the pinky will heal quickly.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Mori, are you riding rigid?

Full suspension.

Glad to hear you are ok for the most part. I only worry my bike is trying to kill me when it sacrifices a part at a bad time. A handle bar on a downhill run is its best assassination attempt so far. User errors I'll take the blame for, alhtough sometimes tree locations are faulty...
56.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Mori, are you riding rigid?

Geeze....it's 6:15 in the morning here.

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: John K
What kind of camera are you going to use?

No, you have to wait until he posts the pictures, then ask what kind of camera he used. Etiquette must be followed
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Mori,

Were you wearing a helmet?

Are there finger helmets?

Good you are okay. Anyone passing by witness the incident? I remember one time when I fell, people passing by just glance or pretend they did not see me.

When I ride off road on trails, falls happen more likely on the side when turning. And end up landing on your arms and hand. Wearing gloves is a good idea.

Naw, luckily there was nobody else.
blush.gif
I don't wear any protective clothing, including gloves, unless I do something more than normal off-road riding.

Mori... Is this bike new to you? I was thinking about something. I bought my first full suspension bike last September. I fell off that thing many times for the first few months. More than I had ever fallen off my hardtail.
Once I began analyzing what was up, I realized I was still negotiating the trails like I was on my old bike. I was hitting ruts and roots and such too slowly and the suspension would soak up the hit, almost stop the bike, buck back and I'd end up on the ground. Didn't help that I was new to clipless pedals either. So... At 42 years old, I had to completely reteach myself how to handle an FS bicycle. I still pick my line carefully, but I ride with more speed and let the suspension do it's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back