I Now Own a 2012 Prius C. 0w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you on vehicle regrets; it happens. In some ways I wonder about flipping vehicles more often, in order to prevent that (ignoring the financial aspect for a moment--taking that into account, that is why I don't).

I can't see what would be wrong with 0W20, it's what is spec'd and at your low miles/year I can't see a problem. Myself, I'd probably go thicker just because I could and because my habits are much different (lots of highway). I was going to recommend buying filters in bulk so as to get a price discount, but if you are doing one change per year then I'd probably just buy anything on an as-needed basis. No real reason to stock up.

This Prius C has no belts at all, a planetary gear transmission that has no clutches and should last as long as you have it, no alternator, no separate starter, and the brakes last at least twice as long as a non hybrid. They have a small 12 volt battery that needs replacing like any12 v. If the car is driven regularly the 12v stays fully charged and lasts longer. This as a big upgrade over the one turned in. Toyota customer website has all the info you would need.

OP I think it's normal to regret a major decision like that, trading a known for an unknown. I think I've regretted every vehicle I've let go, some more that others. When I bought my Lucerne I kept my 99 LeSabre for a couple months to make sure it was going to work out for me.

I think you will end up being happy.

When you feel regretful about the old car, think of how you would have felt when the transmission left you on the side of the road. You will feel better pretty quick then.
Also, it's time to change your signature.
laugh.gif

0w20 all the way.

Just as equally important on this 1.5 and 1.8 engines: make sure you run a quality gas name and fuel system cleaner every couple of months. They are prone to spark plug fouling and coil failure.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Every time I trade cars (bought or swapped 4 cars in the last 3.5 years which is the most ever for me), I miss the car I traded within hours of singing the papers. I should do well with it with 1 OCI a year.

If the oil in it will go a year you won't have to do an OC before the next car!
thumbsup2.gif

LOL. I'm keeping this car. I got me a nice well maintained Toyota.
smile.gif

I swear, all I wanted all along was a good Toyota or Honda.

Originally Posted by supton
I hear you on vehicle regrets; it happens. In some ways I wonder about flipping vehicles more often, in order to prevent that (ignoring the financial aspect for a moment--taking that into account, that is why I don't).

I can't see what would be wrong with 0W20, it's what is spec'd and at your low miles/year I can't see a problem. Myself, I'd probably go thicker just because I could and because my habits are much different (lots of highway). I was going to recommend buying filters in bulk so as to get a price discount, but if you are doing one change per year then I'd probably just buy anything on an as-needed basis. No real reason to stock up.

Yes, and while Super Tech would work well in it, for just one OCI per year I might as well run a brand name like Castrol Magnatec or Mobil 1.

[Linked Image]

See the small round dent under the side mirror? It looks almost like a bullet hit it. It had surface rust on it and I treated it with rust inhibitor today and now it looks black. I was going to take it to a dent repair man but it would cost me about $200 and now I'm thinking I may leave it be. It doesn't show up as if a car had ran into it. If I put some OEM orange on it it would show up even less.

I washed it and then waxed it with Turtle Wax Ice.
I hope it's OK I put this pic here and the talk about wax and the dent. Someone said they wanted to see more pics of it.

The lady I bought the Fiesta from last August was glad it went to someone like me who takes good care of cars. I haven't told her yet that I traded it. I guess I won't tell her unless she asks. We've been in touch through facebook messenger. I sent her a link to a '19 Fiesta listing on facebook and she asked me if I was thinking of trading cars and I said I was not and told her I'm sick of trading cars, then turned around and made this trade the next day.

The Prius is low and has hard seats like a Honda. It drives really nice. I love this car.
My first new car was a VW Beetle the same color as this in 1971.
Averaging about 50 MPGs it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back