I made 150k yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless my A4 becomes a money pit or unless it spontaneously falls apart, I'm keeping it.

Rust is always a problem near the ocean, even in CA. So far no issue -- due to the paint being in good shape (and the galvanized body, that Pete mentions).

PS: Pete, I see more new A3s than A4s here!

Well, I guess the A3 model is a big hit in the US then. When it was introduced in the US market, I was skeptical about it because price-wise, it's not much less than the slightly larger A4. But I guess it's more hip.

I don't see any A3s here in FL. Mostly A4s and A6s.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
The A1 is not scheduled to be released before 2010: article

The A1 concept looks much better than the A2. I consider getting the 2008 VW Scirocco.

I LIKE the A1...reminds me of the Renault Megane, examples of which we saw frequently in Switzerland.
 -

[ July 26, 2006, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

That new Megane looks a lot better than the rental Megane that I drove a few years ago. Do I see the some Nissan design cues?

quote:

Originally posted by Quattro Pete:
Well, I guess the A3 model is a big hit in the US then. When it was introduced in the US market, I was skeptical about it because price-wise, it's not much less than the slightly larger A4. But I guess it's more hip.

I don't see any A3s here in FL. Mostly A4s and A6s.

Interesting, I see a fair amount of them over here in So.Cal. I've driven a few of them (2.0T and 3.2 Quattro). Neat cars and not a bad price for the 2.0T model with a few options. The 3.2 Quattro gets a bit too pricey IMO for that type of car.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Do I see the some Nissan design cues?

I think that is quite possible given the Nissan/Renault marriage. I think for the Nissan Versa the opposite may be true as I see Renault in the little guy.

I really like the hatchback class of cars. For long trips I would prefer a sedan but for fun driving in an around town or on a nice twisting mountain road, I would say they are hard to beat. I am glad Europeans are keeping the dream alive.

I started out with hatchbacks (two VW Scirocco), so I'm all for them. Can't wait for the 2008 Scirocco. Probably I won't get one, though. After my current car, I don't think I'll get anything with an IC engine anymore. Maybe a couple mules and a buggy...

I hope the 2008 Scirocco will look like this:

-

front

-
rear

How could you NOT love that car...more from VW/Audi design studios...more...more...more...the way this thread has vectored has gotten me thinking about the variety of autos we saw in Europe...man was that fun!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back