I´m starting TCW3 Oil in my fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep us in formed...I have some oil consumption although I think my problem has to do with bad valve seals...I put 3 oz of the 2 cycle mix for 17 gallons, haven't noticed any change in how the engine runs, also been running hm oil recently will have to see if that helps my valve seals...I'm curious to see if it cleans the combustion chamber, my engine is pinging wth 87 octane, not as bad with 89 octane...

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Keep us in formed...I have some oil consumption although I think my problem has to do with bad valve seals...I put 3 oz of the 2 cycle mix for 17 gallons, haven't noticed any change in how the engine runs, also been running hm oil recently will have to see if that helps my valve seals...I'm curious to see if it cleans the combustion chamber, my engine is pinging wth 87 octane, not as bad with 89 octane...
I drived the car again the next day I posted here saying I noticed improvement and now I doubted if the engine really had more torque.

What will be more objective is that I am going to look to the spark plugs after 1000 miles to see if they are cleaner. I will post the before and after pictures.

The good part is there isn't any downsides and there isn't any weird smells.

But the recommended ratio is 5 oz every gallon

Originally Posted By: Emanuel

I am pretty sure it is 1 oz for every 5 gallons....

That might foul plugs, and I wouldn't advise doing it. A good starting point as mentioned above is 1 ounce to 5 gallons.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

That might foul plugs, and I wouldn't advise doing it. A good starting point as mentioned above is 1 ounce to 5 gallons.

Wow I was wrong, you are right the recommend ratio is 1 oz to 5 gallons.

I drived the car again the next day I posted here saying I noticed improvement and now I doubted if the engine really had more torque.

What will be more objective is that I am going to look to the spark plugs after 1000 miles to see if they are cleaner. I will post the before and after pictures.

The good part is there isn't any downsides and there isn't any weird smells.

I´m pretty sure that the torque increase that I felt was only a change in the seat position, when I put the seat to far from the steering my body isn´t supported by the seat so in acceleration my body goes backwards like inertia says it should. I would say I haven´t noticed any benefits.

Yesterday we did a family trip and the engine felt with the same power as always. I just want to see if the spark plugs look cleaner after 1000 miles using outboard two cycle oil.

[/quote]

Yesterday we did a family trip and the engine felt with the same power as always. I just want to see if the spark plugs look cleaner after 1000 miles using outboard two cycle oil. [/quote]

let us know how the plugs look thanks!
smile.gif

tcw3 should clean your plugs, with alot of highway miles, short trips not much so, depends on dosage,1000 mi is not alot to do a proper test.when varying dosage so often.

PEA fortified gas cleaners will help keep things upper cyn clean,maybe rings. but i see you have fixed rings,,,,after test try SOY ULTRA by SCHAEFFERS buy on amazon works great on my lawn stuff and 5 cars and trucks keeps all clean and litttle better mpg. RECHECK your pcv and spray clean it.....for oil consumption use moter oil saver by liqui moly,,, worked great in a few cars and trucks that had a mysterious oil consumption.

I usually run 1/2 quart to a tank of fuel in my diesel truck (05 Ford PSD) and it absolutely loves the stuff. Much smoother operation, injectors are quieter and gets better MPG but I've never heard of much success running it in a gas engine.. who knows!

I have driven 870 miles, I definitely feel more power especially in the low end and more torque with less throttle input. The car has liked a 450:1 ratio.

One way I can illustrate the power increase is that is almost like the power difference when I drive my car on the night (68 °F and slighly higher barometric pressure) without A/C and I drive it on the day (95 °F) with A/C. I calculated that power difference once theoretically) and the power difference was like 2-3 hp.

By the way, I did a calculation using my fuel mileage and oil consumption rate to see my average Motor Oil/Gas Ratio, it was something like 200-250:1 so I´m really not scared about using 2 cycle oil if the engine is already burning oil happily.

Last edited:
I used the TCW3 2 Cycle Oil for 1400 miles, the engine seemed to like the 450:1 ratio, after that distance I decided to take a look at the spark plugs to see if there was a difference:

Before TCW3:

LYeuymH.jpg

A5jxzSd.jpg

ZB7k0Je.jpg

l00FK6J.jpg

LGg8UiF.jpg

BBYdaW7.jpg

jOOchXI.jpg

3ExEB5y.jpg

After TCW3 for 1400 miles:
l1kQ14a.jpg

SViozIp.jpg

pvKvZ1Q.jpg

g9sbJYy.jpg

chBUCoR.jpg

P1Hh5dQ.jpg

DrPB0I4.jpg

I know I need new spark plugs, but lets focus on the before & after differences. I see that after the 2 cycle oil the spark plugs are dirtier.

I know I need new spark plugs, but lets focus on the before & after differences. I see that after the 2 cycle oil the spark plugs are dirtier.

The plugs were shot to begin with, what results were you looking for? They also had 1,400 more miles on them the second time you removed them. The TCW3 wasn't going to restore bad plugs. A real test would be run two identical engines side by side under the same conditions, time, and rpms. One with TCW3 and the other without it. Then see which plugs stay cleaner and how they were impacted. You could take it even one step further do before and after tear downs and mic them up, then after the test check for wear, and see if the rings stayed cleaner in one engine vs. the other. The test could be done with 1 cylinder engines.

There's a few YouTube videos posted here of some guy who does that kind of testing, maybe he'd be interested in trying it.

Emanuel said:
There's a few YouTube videos posted here of some guy who does that kind of testing, maybe he'd be interested in trying it.

He already tried TCW3 on a gas engine but in very rich ratios, like the ones that two stroke engine use. The problem with testing TCW3 usage the way we do is that it needs long term testing and he doesn´t do that kind of testing

Last edited:
Emanuel said:

He already tried TCW3 on a gas engine but in very rich ratios, like the ones that two stroke engine use. The problem with testing TCW3 usage the way we do is that it needs long term testing and he doesn´t do that kind of testing

You're right, and using TCW3 in ratios designed for a 2 stroke is going to cause problems in a 4 stroke, no doubt about it. For starters fouled plugs are almost a guarantee.

I'm sure someone with time, money and some patience can test it. LS1 forums did some long term experimentation with it, years in fact. Most 'claimed' it worked well, in the right dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back