I Luv MMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK2

Well we're back from Vegas today with a total of 680 round trip miles. I put 6oz of MMO in my 4runner's fuel tank last Saturday morning with aggressive driving (mostly 75-85 mph convoy with the relatives) from Ventura, Ca to Vegas and I got 22.2 mpg!!!

While in our return trip, I only got 21 mpg w/o MMO with 70-75 mph driving.

I also put a pint of MMO in the crankcase the night before the trip. A/C was ON all the time and only used Chevron regular gas.

I will definitely use MMO every gas fill.

I live in Apple Valley. I used to drive a truck to Vegas and back every day. I got 6mpg going to vegas and 4.5 coming home.

It's all downhill from Cajon to Baker with a tail wind and uphill from Baker to Cajon and against the wind going South.

The usual tail winds going to Las Vegas as well as headwinds on the return trip. Also that climb into the wind out of stateline is a MPG killer.

Now the MMO might have done what you wrote....

MMO must have thinned out the oil
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Loopie
Well we're back from Vegas today with a total of 680 round trip miles. I put 6oz of MMO in my 4runner's fuel tank last Saturday morning with aggressive driving (mostly 75-85 mph convoy with the relatives) from Ventura, Ca to Vegas and I got 22.2 mpg!!!

While in our return trip, I only got 21 mpg w/o MMO with 70-75 mph driving.

I also put a pint of MMO in the crankcase the night before the trip. A/C was ON all the time and only used Chevron regular gas.

I will definitely use MMO every gas fill.

Continue using it, the product works well, and has the added benefits of being a UCL. My father used it for decades and convinced me to use it, I can tell when my car doesn't have it in the gas. Many people respond negatively about MMO, and most of them never tried it. I have yet to see anywhere on the WWW or in real life anyone who destroyed an engine using MMO, in the oil or the gas. You might hear a story or someone who knows someone, that had a problem, rumors, never anything first hand.

Continue logging gas mileage with it, you'll be satisfied. Just don't OD it, it will reduce engine power and mileage.

AD

I pretty much concur with everything you say shipmate. My experience has been similar to yours.

I've used many fuel additives in a can or bottle over the years, but can't remember any that knocked my socks off. But I can say that MMO is the best UCL I've ever tried in the fuel. It's the only thing I've found that will quiet valvetrain noise on start-up in my Honda F22 engine. Will it clean a fuel system or keep it clean and improve gas mileage? I can't give an honest answer to that question. Is it safe to use on a regular basis? It has been for me and everyone else that I know who has used it. I have never seen any reports to the contrary.

Nice comments INDYMAC,
cheers3.gif
It seems you share the same views as many of us do. There seems to be a little MMO group here on Bitog that chat via PM, MMO seems to have a nice following, and many satisfied users. My father used for decades and still does, if he had a complaint or problem he would have made it known. I've seem first hand just how clean the insides of engines were that used MMO. I saw plugs my father pulled out of an old 4.9L Ford engine that saw a steady diet of MMO in the gas. After 50,000 miles 1985 4.9L carb'ed engine the plugs were good enough to re-gap and re-use. They were near perfect and had a slight pink cast to them. This engine was run hard, and saw lots of stop and go use.

I had a landscaper buddy that added to the gas for all his equipment. He claims at the end of the season, everything he had to service was in better shape.

There are a handful of good additives out there, MMO is one of them. JMO

AD

I just added MMO to my tank before fueling . I added about 7 ounces to about 10 gallons of fuel . I honestly hear less noise coming from the motor . I have a tapping sound that I now hear less . I will monitor it . I did not intend to put that much in and will measure it in the future .

Does anyone know if leaded fuel was a requirement in a GM van in 1978 ? Also was leaded fuel used in a 1973 Lincon Mark III ?

I've never had a problem using MMO in gas unless I OD'd it. Then the mpg dropped a bit.

I also use TC-W3 oil in the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back