I just spoke to a 25 year mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often said that there's a world of differnce between someone who knows how mechanical things work and is good at replacing hard parts ...

... as opposed to someone who has an interest in chemistry and understands principles of lubrication.

And old-timers with their outdated info can be especially frustrating.

Combine the two and I'd be tempted to commit manslaughter.
mad.gif

There is at least one other thread here (somewhere) about mechanics and oil knowledge.

--- Bror Jace

I think Ken2 has it.
I know one engineer in charge of a lot of equipment that insists he cannot buy any oil that is CI-4/SL because he has no equipment that runs on both diesel and gasoline. He also has no equipment that needs CI-4. He also insists that straight SAE 40 is much better than any multigrade can ever be.
He said he needs some CC oil, some CD, Some CF-4, some SF. He cannot use CF-4/SL SAE 40 because it is for gasoline/diesel engine combinations. (I had some labeled as CF-4 for him, but it was the same oil).
He insists since he learned in Germany (30 years ago) he knows more than any American or Japanese or local.

Well, you can always tell a German,,, but you can't tell them much!

grin.gif

Caveat: this is just a silly saying and not meant to offend any nationality/race/color or religious affiliate.

Fowvay -

A lot better than what I was going to say.

A German with a superiority complex in South America. Sure didn't see that one coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back