I am up and that's a good thing

This can mean many different things. Today's action plan. Try to keep everyone in the household happy, no arguments. Then I am off to the garage to change out injectors on the 2003 Tacoma, fuel filter and inspect anything in the way of the maintenance. The wife wants to go boating but its 95 degrees out and tasks need to be finished. The lawn needs mowed but the 17 year old son won't get up. The wife says she needs the exercise and covers for the boy not getting up so she will mow the lawn. Since the boy will want to get up to get his girlfriend should I convince him to help me with the car or cut the lawn? If I do that the wife might get mad.

The lawn needs mowed but the 17 year old son won't get up.
I dare him to tell me that. Like my Dad always said, "I can't make you do anything, but I can sure as heck make you wish you had." And he did.

The problem is, you don't mean what you say.

Take his cell phone and games and throw them in the trash after you take a hammer to them. No use of the car and no going out. He will learn to respect you, or he will continue to crap all over you. If he wants those things back, then he can get a job and earn the money to pay for them. You can't be afraid he will be mad at you.

I can’t judge....kid could be a very hard worker who just does not want to get up this morning....I know we all have those days!

I agree with setting the wife on the water....maybe the son too depending on how fast he mows....

Does the kid work? I started working 50-58 hours a week when I was 17 during that summer. If he’s working/busting his butt with other things I’d cut some slack there, if he lays around and plays video games all the time it’s time to wake up and do something productive.

This can mean many different things. Today's action plan. Try to keep everyone in the household happy, no arguments. Then I am off to the garage to change out injectors on the 2003 Tacoma, fuel filter and inspect anything in the way of the maintenance. The wife wants to go boating but its 95 degrees out and tasks need to be finished. The lawn needs mowed but the 17 year old son won't get up. The wife says she needs the exercise and covers for the boy not getting up so she will mow the lawn. Since the boy will want to get up to get his girlfriend should I convince him to help me with the car or cut the lawn? If I do that the wife might get mad.
How did the boat ride go ?

My son. He is a good kid he just lacks some discipline. He gets straight A's, doesn't smoke, no drugs, works. He just lacks discipline with the chores. Some of that is my fault but things are getting better. I explain to him that you need to know this stuff. I gotta keep on him and being a parent is a challenge.

This is how it played out yesterday:

1. I started working on the 2003 about 9 am.
2. Wife cut lawn while I was doing that.
3. About 10:30 she comes into shop saying that he is going to girlfriends house. He has to go to work at 4.
4. I think about it for a second. I can either say no help me. Let him go have fun and fix vehicle myself. I chose the latter. These times you can't get back with your kids. Life is precious.

As far as the boat its hot right now. The truck needed to be fixed so I could clear out the P0302 code which is a misfire on cylinder two.

Back