I admit it, i watched bridesmaids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the theatre and seen a preview some time back for "bridesmaides". It looked like the female version of (The hangover) to me. So i waited for the redbox and rented it.. This film makes Seinfield look like slapstic commedy.. Anybody looking for a good laugh.. this movie aint it, the movie couldnt decide if it wanted to be a comedy, spiritual, or vanguard-cinema film.. i was so disapointed that i wanted to post in general and off topic so anybody looking for a friday nite laugh can avoid this stinker of a film.. I want my $1.20 back.

I can see why some might not like it, but I laughed a lot. I thought it was just the right amount of toilet humor and cleverness. The scene where she was trying to get the cop's attention near the end had me crying I was laughing so hard.

Sometimes I need to be in just the right mood to enjoy certain types of movies. I'm not always in the mood for slap-stick movies, for instance, but when I am I think I laugh harder at these types of movies than other types of comedy.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
I went to the theatre and seen a preview some time back for "bridesmaides". It looked like the female version of (The hangover) to me. So i waited for the redbox and rented it.. This film makes Seinfield look like slapstic commedy.. Anybody looking for a good laugh.. this movie aint it, the movie couldnt decide if it wanted to be a comedy, spiritual, or vanguard-cinema film.. i was so disapointed that i wanted to post in general and off topic so anybody looking for a friday nite laugh can avoid this stinker of a film.. I want my $1.20 back.

My wife and I rented it free from redbox using a promo code. I want my gas money back!

Last edited:
My wife rented it, I thought it was pretty good. The whole cop business was great and the part where the restaurant made them sick right before picking out their dresses was hilarious.

Watched it with the wife last nite. Her friends all told her it was funny. I liked it more than she did. It was ok. The wife is Brazilian however and did not like the whole part about everyone getting sick from the Brazilian steakhouse.

Originally Posted By: INMY01TA
Watched it with the wife last nite. Her friends all told her it was funny. I liked it more than she did. It was ok. The wife is Brazilian however and did not like the whole part about everyone getting sick from the Brazilian steakhouse.

I read that too fast and thought you said your wife had a Brazilian and I was thinking..... "hmmm, isn't that TMI?" and then re-read your post, LOL

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

My wife and I rented it free from redbox using a promo code. I want my gas money back!

LMAO.. no kidding, and for everyone else that liked it, i will admit there were 4-5 scenes that were good for a laugh, but the movie as a whole just seemed confused.. Kinda like "couples retreat".. its another example of a movie that just cant decide what it wants to be.. if your a romantic comedy, be a romantic comedy, if your a serious relationship film, thats ok to, just stick with the program, a underbudget movie that skips from hot to cold, serious, to funny, ect.. and its not done well.. well thats just a turn off for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back