Husqvarna vs Toro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new walk behind mower. I'm looking at Lowe's and Home Depot. Lowe's sells Husqvarna and HD has Toro. Any compelling reason to choose one over the other? HD also sells a mid level Honda that may be in my price range

I'm trying to stay under $400

Any of those will serve you well with reasonable use and care.

To me, the only Toro 21" mower worth buying is a Super recycler.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Garbage.

Find and old Lawnboy 2 stroke.

Troll-lol-lol?

Not everyone wants a mosquito smoker.. and can work on lawnmower carbs etc.

I'd get anything without the stupid autochoke/readystart junk.
biggest engine you can find (ie 190cc)

Originally Posted by JTK

yep. i bought a older 2001 super recycler last summer after my 94 lawn boy died. its been one of the best mowers i have owned, the aluminum deck is awesome. no worry about rust after mowing wet grass.

i have looked at the newer toros and they are not the same quality as the older ones . this or a older john deere

I would use a 4-stroke string trimmer too if I could find one. Two stroke engines are a pain in the neck even the Echo ones.

Originally Posted by JTK

Bought one of those for my Mom back in 2000. End of season return at Home Depot. Got it cheap. She loved that it was easy to push and she could walk slow. I loved it since I could walk very fast and it was easy to push. It was rear wheel drive and a little tricky when backing up and hard to start when cold. Cut grass well. Had a good deck.

If the Toro has the Personal Pace drive system I'd go with that one hands down.

I love the Honda engines but was never impressed with their mowers.

My husqavarna string trimmer is by far the best string trimmer I've owned. It's simple to use and runs every time. People like toro as well, but my personal bias would be towards the Husq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back