Hurricane Oil

Originally Posted by 4WD
I sure hope Shell's "synthetic" 15w40 has a lower Noack than incredible edible T6 …
Could you point us to some published specs or other test results on T6, or this just a personal observation?

Originally Posted by Best F100

1) Is the newer EU7000is generator really an upgrade over the older EU6500is in real world usage? Any cons for that model?

2) How many hours on all your generators?

EU7000 added fuel injection so no more plugged up carbs or carb swaps. Uses less fuel in identical use vs EU6500. Have not found any cons.

Too many hours but maintenance is always done at 50 & 250 interval (air filter & oil).

Have also experimented with an open Qwikvalve that allows oil to circulate to an external oil cooler with an external oil filter. A 12v small fuel pump acts as a suction device and oil is returned to the filler plug with a small 90 degree connector. This setup qudrupled the oil capacity and the filter allows oil to easily run for many hundred hours.

How are engines failing from low oil levels ? Don't people check the oil level when they refuel the generator ?

A brief necropost resurrection....

Picked up several 1 Gallon jugs for $1 of
( link will say Robot or Human but is walmart dot com/ip/Chevron-Delo-400-XLE-SAE-15W-40-with-ISOSYN-Advanced-Technology-1-Gallon/464559459 )

Plan to use this in our brand new eu7000isnan unit this hurricane season once it gets around 100 hours of runtime.

Down to a single whole house unit this time but plan to purchase something a backup.

How are engines failing from low oil levels ? Don't people check the oil level when they refuel the generator ?
Probably not, and some of these like my hf 4375 only have 20 or so oz in them. Should be changed every 50 hrs or so. Mine has low oil shutdown. I run amsoil hdd 5w30 diesel oil. I never know if it will be winter or summer use, if i was in florida, i'd use 15w40 or 20w 50.

I use M1 10-30 in all my OPE including my12 year old Coleman Subaru powered 5KW generator. I've been using that for the last 30 years with never a failure.

Back