Hurricane coming ,need battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Hurricane may hit us soon in Fl. I have a key start generator that has a small 12-volt battery that is toast. Since it is a 12 V, can I use the auto battery that I have in storage on a trickle charger?

Make sure you can connect the cables. I doubt it'll hook up directly

If you need to add battery cables for the needed length & terminal type/size, go get some now.

Make sure that battery on the trickle charger is actually still good.

I have one of those car starter Lithium ion battery car starters and it works great to start my mowers and cars. Maybe you would have a good excuse to get one. Also charges cell phones.

The storm is expected to hit Florida on Saturday evening.
You have several days to get the right battery.
I think sourcing a new fresh battery is the safest solution here.

Good luck and stay safe!!
cheers3.gif

Yes .

All good answers .

DO NOT forget FRESH fuel ! Try for E0 . Check oil & filter . And test it out .

Best of luck to you and all those in the path of the storm . May God watch over all of you .

Originally Posted by rhandle
Hey guys. Hurricane may hit us soon in Fl. ....

I just looked at the satellite image of the storm. It looks like its got some big mojo and might get a big boost heading to the east coast of FL.
Be well prepared, get the right battery and install it. No use messing around when you are in a crisis mode. Sometimes it hard to think straight even if you are level headed most of the time.

May you and your family and friends be safe.
-Ken

Gearing up for my first one since living in FL... its looking rather strong. My gen is pull start (only 5500 watt) Just made a cable to plug it in to my breaker panel. Of course only to run some lights and well pump. This should be interesting... may all fellow Floridians stay safe!

Thanks, Guys. Yup, just had back surgery and can't use the pull start and I cant drive to find one. Your information was a lifesaver. Got someone to put up my steel shutters today, I am set. I am new to this forum. I am really enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back