Human Interest, Twitter (or any company) Stuff that goes on in the Background

Elon Musk’s leadership style—including his dramatic cost-cutting strategies—has taken some heavy criticism since he purchased the social media app Twitter. Now Canary (PPAI 278382, D3) has filed a lawsuit against Twitter, claiming that the social media giant owes the promo company more than $390,000.
  • Included in unpaid orders is $6,783.99 for a “swag gift box” for Musk to be sent to the San Francisco headquarters in September 2022.
  • According to Lauren Borelli, a vice president at Canary, the promo company has delivered more than $10 million of Twitter-branded products between 2013 and 2022.
As evidence, the lawsuit included the invoices that made up the nearly $400,000 in unpaid products.
Twitter claimed in a court filing last week that it would need “several more weeks” to properly investigate Canary’s claims. The company’s response must come by March 17. Canary’s lawsuit is one of many that have been issued against Twitter since Musk’s tumultuous tenure began last year.
What Was In That Swag Box?
So, what exactly goes into a nearly $7,000 swag box for Elon Musk?
According to the invoice, the swag box included:
  • An engraved cheese board.
  • $215 worth of cheese.
  • A $689 bottle of Nikka Japanese whiskey.
  • An engraved rocket-shaped cocktail shaker.
  • A moon ice mold.
Beyond the swag box, the rest of the lawsuit was made up of various unpaid orders listed by invoice, the largest of which was for nearly $250,000, including $67,000 in shipping fees. That order consisted of 2,000 bundles, each including:
  • A hoodie.
  • A T-shirt.
  • Socks marked at $10.45 per pair.
  • A sticker.
  • All wrapped in custom tissue.
Other various invoice orders alleged to be unpaid included:
  • Water bottles.
  • Bath salts.
  • Cookie cutters.
(source PPAI.org)

Last edited:
OK???

Who ordered that stuff? What is the point of your post?

Are you assuming Musk ordered this stuff? I would guess it was ordered before he took over, and now he is protesting or at least not acknowledging the charges?

Without proper details, we are all speculating.
I didnt mention Musk at all and did not assume anything, the title of the thread is the point.
This is not some rinky dink organization reporting this.

Last edited:
?? This is money owed to a promotion company. Would you or your company like to get stiffed for a few hundred thousand?
Like I said in the title, stuff that goes on in the background.

I think there is more to this story that we don’t know about. It was apparent that spending on frivolous stuff was out of control there. The list was long and encompassed everything.

Here is an article about it.

I think there is more to this story that we don’t know about. It was apparent that spending on frivolous stuff was out of control there. The list was long and encompassed everything.

What does that have to do with Twitter or any company ordering products from your company and not paying for it ?

The problem is this stuff was ordered and received, the company deserves to have their invoice paid. Twitter is also getting sued by multiple landlords for non-payment of rent.

Back