HP Laptop Froze Up

I bought this HP LT (laptop) June 2020. For $69.95 (regularly $114.95) HP offered me a 3 year "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" extended warranty. And, I chose it.
Last Friday night an HP required update popped up to be installed. I pressed enter to install it. My screen turned blue with a huge HP smiley face, AKA-It froze up! I used my ACER CB to go onto HP's virtual site. I followed all of the instructions to NO avail! I was instructed to contact HP by phone the next day. I was on the phone with 6 different techs for a total of 7 hours and 51 minutes to try and fix my LT. It seems like HP doesn't like to give FREE LT's away and will do EVERYTHING in their power NOT to! I was told to contact corporate HP Monday morning. It seems there was an update that needed to be added to my LT but HP forgot to install it.
They sent me a USB drive to install it, but to no avail. They sent a box and a shipping label, which arrived Tuesday. I packed it up and dropped it off at FEDEX Wednesday. HP received it Thursday morning, fixed it, and shipped back to me Thursday evening. It will be here Monday the 20th.
They said the hard drive was not wanting to accept any information and something else about BIOS. :unsure:🤷‍♂️
They replaced the HD and some other parts inside. Basically, it's now a new LT again.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? If you have any idea what happened can you please explain it to me?
Thanks! ;):)

sounds sketchy. Not sure why you would need to replace the hdd.. maybe it got damaged in shipping.
but that is more of a solo hdd issue not one that is in a laptop.

sounds sketchy. Not sure why you would need to replace the hdd.. maybe it got damaged in shipping.
but that is more of a solo hdd issue not one that is in a laptop.
I don't know. Most people are kind of leery wanting to send in their PC for fear of something is on there they want no one else to see. I DON'T have that problem.
Anyway, it's fixed, the extended warranty worked, I'm happy! :)

It can happen. I've had that happen when something intensive is going on and it runs out of ram or similar. Just retry or try another update as I've had updates be corrupted and just continue to give issues.

Try again and if it doesn't work just revert and wait for another update version. It's what i had to do with a network driver. Just reverted and didn't update since it was nothing but issues and surprise an update came very fast to correct it.

I'm not surprised. Windows 10 had an update in 2018ish that broke the keyboard driver of every single specific HP Prodesk 600G1 (or maybe the Elitedesk 800 G1) and wouldn't allow any booting into Windows until you took the drive out and removed the file manually from a different computer.

When dealing with HP warranty tickets, you have to specify that you already attempted to recover the laptop to it's factory state or fixed it to the best of your abilities before they'll ship you a return box.

Every HP laptop I've owned (several) was a problem child. I gave up on that brand years ago. They may have gotten better but they'll not see my $$ ever again. I'm glad you got yours repaired.

Every HP laptop I've owned (several) was a problem child. I gave up on that brand years ago. They may have gotten better but they'll not see my $$ ever again. I'm glad you got yours repaired.
It came back via FEDEX at about 12:30 CST today. Everything is brand new inside. I had to go reload my MALWARE BYTES and I added NORTON LIFELOCK 360 for $2.99 a month.

Back