How to remove cloudy spots from instrument cluster lens? (Windex damage)

Looks like some sort of Windex or something was sprayed on the top of the instrument cluster lens... Any way to fix? I'm not against replacing the instrument cluster lens but will try to clean this one up without taking apart the dash. I'm all for trying anything worst case replacement time it is..

So with that being said anyone have any ideas on how to remove the cloudy spots from the lens? I tried toothpaste and now there's fine scratches on the rpm side with cloudy spots. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks.

IMG_0301.jpeg

try plastix or scratchx on a microfiber cloth and rub the spot as hard as you can without breaking it. another thing to try is a cloth buffing/polishing wheel on a dermel tool. set it for slow speed. if you use a compound or polish with it mask off the area because it will likely sling,

I've used Novus on some acrylic display cases I made - I got it at TAP Plastics.

Go slowly with elbow grease. Try not to polish too long in one place or you may distort the lens. I'd avoid using motorized tools.

Wow, thanks for the suggestions. Plastx worked to remove the almost all of the cloudy spots but then i had scratches, so i went over it with "headlight coating"... And its really a lot better!. While not "perfect" it looks very nice, and way better either way..(y) I'll do a 2nd coat to make it more uniform, then I probably will leave it be for now... I still might replace the lens once it gets warmer just so it's perfect but we will see if i can live with this :ROFLMAO:
Thank you.
IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0351.jpg

Back