How to Read the Data 17 Subaru Outback 3.6 CVT Fluid 105k

Not sure how to take this report. To me seems like I should have done a complete fluid exchange at 75 instead of the 4 quart drain/fill I did. Full exchange was at 105k. First time ever with a CVT UOA so I'm not up to speed on reading it. Also, it is only a single report so can't track any trends. I plan on another full fluid exchange at 160/165k. Goal is 250k for this "sled."

Interested to hear your thoughts.

IMG_0001.jpg

What is the CVT capacity?

Even with the 4qt drain and fill at 75k, this doesn't look horrible compared to universal averages. Copper is about .5 PPM/1000 miles compared to universal average of .36 PPM/1000 miles, but everything else is less than UA in PPM/1000. Another full exchange at 160k sounds like a good plan. And I bet your UOA will look much better then with the full exchange.

What is the CVT capacity?

Even with the 4qt drain and fill at 75k, this doesn't look horrible compared to universal averages. Copper is about .5 PPM/1000 miles compared to universal average of .36 PPM/1000 miles, but everything else is less than UA in PPM/1000. Another full exchange at 160k sounds like a good plan. And I bet your UOA will look much better then with the full exchange.

I agree. If I had to do it over I would have done a full exchange at 25/30k and moved on from there.

The total capacity is 12 quarts.

Back