how to make cast intake look better

Ok, so this 98 mustang v6 is the first I have had with a cast aluminum intake manifold that virtually covers the whole top of the engine. I have the engine and engine compartment all detailed, as I do show the car, and wondering if there is any way to make the rough dull cast look any better than just trying to keep it clean. Any tricks I don't know about (which are none) ??? And for that matter how do you clean that rough cast stuff, besides a pressure washer or steam? Brass or stainless steel brush??

There is a place called Mirror Finish Polishing. https://www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com/ They did an aluminum valve cover and a few miscellaneous pieces for me a few years ago. Here's a pic of what they did for me:
CHROME-LIKE-POLISHING-VALVE-COVER-598.JPG

Have it Powder Coated in your color of choice, Having it polished will require constant upkeep. I had a small block Chevy intake Ceramic Coated & it looked pretty good for years but it was quite a bit more $$ than Powder Coating.

I can't think of a way to make stained/oxidized aluminum look freshly cast again.

Have it Powder Coated in your color of choice, Having it polished will require constant upkeep. I had a small block Chevy intake Ceramic Coated & it looked pretty good for years but it was quite a bit more $$ than Powder Coating.

I can't think of a way to make stained/oxidized aluminum look freshly cast again.
I was just going to say to get it powder coated or painted. I remember people doing that back in the day on those.

Ok, so this 98 mustang v6 is the first I have had with a cast aluminum intake manifold that virtually covers the whole top of the engine. I have the engine and engine compartment all detailed, as I do show the car, and wondering if there is any way to make the rough dull cast look any better than just trying to keep it clean. Any tricks I don't know about (which are none) ??? And for that matter how do you clean that rough cast stuff, besides a pressure washer or steam? Brass or stainless steel brush??
I switched from glass beads to soda in my blast cabinet quite a while ago, the results on aluminum is amazing and unlike glass it is harmless to engine parts, it just washes away with water.
Soda blasting and high temp rattle can clear is probably the cheapest option that will provide the results (or very close to it) you are looking for.

Back