How often do you take oil to be recycled?

I use an oil extractor with a 7 qt. tank. Goes either to AAP or county dump, if they are open, right after the change. Filters go back to FCP Euro for new ones.

Local parts stores will only take 3 gallons of used oil per customer. I save it up and go about once every 2 years.
Some of my jugs have a nasty layer of sludge from sitting long periods full of used oil.

Local parts stores will only take 3 gallons of used oil per customer. I save it up and go about once every 2 years.
Some of my jugs have a nasty layer of sludge from sitting long periods full of used oil.
My stores claim 5 per person per day.

But my one O'Reilly just doesn't care. At all. About anything. They just tell me where to pour and stay at the counter

I usually bring it back within a week or two after doing an oil change, but sometimes I forget.

I used to use a 5 gallon jug, but our AZ takes it and dumps it and sometimes they would take a long time returning my jug. AAP lets you dump it yourself. Haven’t tried O’Reillys yet and was surprised Firestone took oil. They told me to just leave it out by the side door. I just use the old 5 quart jug now, so I don’t have to wait around for them to bring it back.

Reactions: D60
Every 4 oil changes, the plastic Jerry Can I have leaks a bit if I go over 20 Litres. Take it to the local landfill where they have a large tank to dump the Jerry can, and you can also leave your oil filters, empty plastic oil containers, coolant and any other household hazardous waste.

With the lawn mower, the 4 cars, the Sea-Doo this trip is usually every 6 months?

Take mine to work as we have two 500 gal waste oil tanks underground. Old oil filters get sent to Valhalla in my fire pit. The scrap goes in a bin til my scrap friend comes by

since I work pretty close to the Country Recycling station... usually every 6 months which is the drain interval on my fleet of heaps. :)

I put mine in 2.5 gallon jugs. Usually set around until I accumulate 6-10 jugs then take them down to my local garage for his oil burner furnace.

I have an oil recycling company come and pump my oil - I keep 4 55gal drums for used oil. They come and suck them dry for $100...actually that price is for any amount of oil., I just keep it to 4 drums and that allows me to have them come out 2x year. The cost is rolled into my oil change price. Just too much oil to drop off myself.

whenever I get 2-3 oil changes worth. I go to Advanced they let me pour it in myself which I like. I talked to my boss and he has like 10 jugs of oil in his side yard and he has an Auto Zone 2 mins away! I love recycling it, getting it out of my garage is great.

Usually about twice a year I take it to work and put it in their bulk tank to be hauled off
I have a 2 post lift and a 15 gallon roll around oil drain. When it gets high enough in the sight tube, I put the roll around on one leg of the lift and raise the lift so the oil drain is a little higher than my 5 gallon jugs and a funnel on top and watch them drain til close and swap out jugs. Usually take 12-15 gallons at a time

Back