How often do you take oil to be recycled?

I have a big plastic container that will hold probably 3-4 jugs of oil. On occasion I will wait and take that to AutoZone or O'Reilly's.

Most of the time I take it right after my oil change in the 5 Qt jug I used to fill the cars with new oil.

You?

I try to take it to Advance Auto once I accumulate 5 5qt jugs. "Try" is the operative word. Two weeks ago, I ended up with twice that amount. As I recall, that was about 4-5 months worth.

Waste management picks it up on trash day. I put the 5 quart jug next to the trash and they take it. Super easy. If your trash company provides that same service it doesn’t get any easier.

Usually a couple times a month. I've started putting it back in the same jugs the new stuff came out of for two reasons:
1) sometimes they're full but tell you to leave your jugs and they'll pour it when empty. If you have containers you want back this is a problem
2) it's fewer empty jugs and thus less volume in my trash

One local O'Reilly says you can't throw your empty jugs away there because "the trash company got mad at them." This is 100% BS because the other O'Reilly and AutoZone (same town) don't care at all if you throw them away.

I make a point to toss them in the trash cans when the employees at the ridiculous O'Reilly aren't looking. Don't lie to me.

I have a 15qt container, I take it up after every second oil change if not every one. The Touareg takes 8+ quarts, the Golf R takes almost 6 quarts, the TTRS takes almost 8 quarts.......O'Reilly is about a mile from my house.

That's if I change it at home, if I do it at the shop I work at I just use our waste oil tank. LOL

I have a 15qt container, I take it up after every second oil change if not every one. The Touareg takes 8+ quarts, the Golf R takes almost 6 quarts, the TTRS takes almost 8 quarts.......O'Reilly is about a mile from my house.

That's if I change it at home, if I do it at the shop I work at I just use our waste oil tank. LOL
Shocked a 2.5L engine takes 8 quarts.
Wow😳

My cars generate 15 qts of used motor oil per year with three oil changes. So, one to three trips per year.

Lorco gladly pays me for the 300 +/- gals per week I generate.
I burn waste oil to heat the center. My CleanBurn unit has 30K hours on it.
When oil prices are high I get paid more. Low=less.
Gas prices high....waste oil $ increases. Kind of a wash for fueling the 3 cars.

Back