How much would you pay for a '93 Hyundai Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTAC's Joke of the Day topic talks about a '93 Hyundai with 195,000 miles on it.

Link to Auction @ eBay

The list of standard options is impressive:
  • Console
  • Cargo Lamp
  • Child Safety Locks
  • Console/Storage
  • Manual Remote Mirror(s)
  • Wheel Covers
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Bucket Seating
  • Intermittent Wipers
I wonder if they offer 7 year financing on this model?

Shucks, no "flash to pass turn signal". That's a deal breaker for me. LOL

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn

Shucks, no "flash to pass turn signal". That's a deal breaker for me. LOL

Don't let that stop you, it's not like that car could pass another car.
grin2.gif

Edit: Look who made a comment on the TTAC linky

Quote:
obbop :
December 6th, 2008 at 8:21 pm

I will take a Nissan Neither over a Hyundai Other any day.

Last edited:
they want $2795 for that clunker? That's the kind of car you spend, $300 for it, then put $2000 rims on it, then proceed to wreck it.
grin2.gif

Here's an alternate theory.

A radio ad (I think) costs around $100. They get a few seconds, once, and its over. Ebay's auto listing (last I checked) was around $40 if the auto doesn't sell.

Cars are something where, even on ebay, people will try to find one close to where they are. Where else can they get that much advertising space, for such a targeted audience (local car shoppers), for a week, for $40?

If a couple people in their area see it and look at what other cars they have, they've gotten what they want.

Assuming of course, that no jerk buys it and blows their one week advertising bargain. But in this case, they've clearly figured out how to prevent that :)

what kind of drugs are they on?? my local ford dealer has a '96 F-150 regular cab 2wd w/113,000 miles on it. has the 300-6 and an a/t. it's quite rusty and banged up but they still want $2995 for it. it's no wonder dealers are closing up. i offered $900 delivered for it.

There's something going on that we don't know about.

Maybe the dealer has an ebay account and pays the fees, while the salesman gets to use this "free" and keeps the commission. Sometimes on an ebay listing I'll see some specific salesman I'm supposd to call and ask for.

I've seen absurd deals like this on full page newspaper ads. That $2700 hyundai will be below a $2800 civic of similar vintage, and people will think, OMG, that civic's a raging deal!

Hyundai's are good cars... My family own two of them and I own one my self (3 total). I wouldn't pay that price for a '93 though... But they are very reliable reasonably built cars, that if looked after will give you lots of trouble free miles.

Don't forget Hyundai has made it their mission to beat Toyota... So they are trying very very hard.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Hyundai's are good cars... My family own two of them and I own one my self (3 total). I wouldn't pay that price for a '93 though... But they are very reliable reasonably built cars, that if looked after will give you lots of trouble free miles.

Don't forget Hyundai has made it their mission to beat Toyota... So they are trying very very hard.

Yes, but back in 93 they were still big piles of junk. That's a 500 or 600 dollar car, at most. With that many miles there's no way it has much life left.

195k miles? That car probably has 195 things wrong with it.

Back in the '80's they were good cars too, but they just rusted out prematurely... We had a Hyundai Pony that went 200,000KM before the body rusted out.

Close to three grand, huh? Maybe I can get it financed off the lot for a grand total of 4500.00. Seems reasonable for such a quality car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back