How Much Time Do You Spend On The Internet ?

Shoot, I'm on the entire day. I don't watch TV at all but I'm always on my PC when I'm not cooking or sleeping. Work (IT), games, youtube as I'm falling asleep, etc. I can probably track a good 8 hours at minimum in a single session.

Too much. And even when I could take it or leave it. Got some actual books to catch up on....

Toooooo much! :eek:
1644347275886.jpeg

I work in IT, from home for now. Spend more time online than doing anything else besides sleeping. It varies a lot, always on call but certain events need a lot more time spent than others. Maybe 6 hours average but much of it isn't online-work related (some also email, does that count?), just passing time till next work related thing comes up.

This is the category I fall under. I'm thinking I spend about 3-5 hours online daily. Some days I can go without it, but those days are very rare.

My problem is that I get bored with it, yet I'm drawn back to it. It's the same with my TV. I have DirecTV, and it's without question the biggest pile of crap I've ever viewed. Over 500 channels, and all but 495 of them are pure garbage. The other 5 are questionable as to when you choose to view them. If we're home, my TV is on all day. But I don't watch it for more than a couple of hours a day. Usually before bed, because it puts me to sleep.

It reminds me of Walter Matthau in, "Grumpy Old Men". When Jack Lemon slept over. He said, "You got 3 TV's on, and you're not looking at any of them".

Yet I don't want to try something else, because I've had people tell me whatever I want to switch to is just as big of a PITA as what I have now.... So I just live with it. And my selection of quality programs has dropped, mostly because there is no quality in programming anymore.

My wife can tolerate all of these reality shows better than I can. She watches, "The Real Housewives Of New Jersey". I call it, "Fighting Painted Up Bimbo's".

The Internet is similar. It just wears you down with monotony. You go to a gun forum, and how many, "What's the best caliber for deer?" threads can you read through. So I go do something else.... Then end up coming back.
If you want to try something new, and FREE, check out PLUTO TV. On my bedside table is a 15.6" ACER Chrome Book (that's all it's good for, a TV). When I go to bed, I turn on PLUTO TV. It has over 250+ FREE channels. There are movies (uncut), game shows, classic TV, etc. I usually keep mine on Forensic Files. I have been watching it for almost 2 years now. They're always adding new channels.
Check it out, you might like it.

Is that Automechanic???🤣🤣🤣

Given that I've cut the cord and I work from home and use IPTV and Netflix and Amazon Prime. We probably use 10+ hours each day using the internet for various purposes. I finally put a tv in my 19 year old son's room recently, but both my kids were not big TV watchers in the traditional sense.

Last edited:
Less(30mins) now that work picked up . I could spend up to 4hrs/day on internet on getting smarter, researching or wasting time in my 7hr workday.

Pretty much all day from when I wake up to when I go to bed if I'm not doing something that prevents me from doing so, like driving. I work in IT so even when I'm at work I'm on the computer and probably have youtube or discord open on one of my monitors.

8 hours a day Monday thru Friday at work. Not much at home, after being on a computer all day at work the last thing I want to do is go home and sit at a computer.

I try try try to get away from the computer

BUT we have a construction project going. That like a man eating computer right there.

Tax time.

Legislature in progress in session.........more abuse of rights.........

I need to get off the computer. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-10 hours according to my phone, but that’s kind of wrong since I use it to listen to music/podcasts/YouTube while at home and work or I’m streaming something from YouTube to the TV with the kids.
Man, I'd go insane having to use a phone on the internet for just one hour. Why not use a computer at home or work?

Man, I'd go insane having to use a phone on the internet for just one hour. Why not use a computer at home or work?
Our work computers are incredibly locked down for security reasons, so we all have radios of some sort to stream from our phones. They do have a mostly unrestricted wifi network for us to use however.

I have YouTube premium which includes YouTube music and a feature of that is I can start playing a YouTube video and shut my screen off without pausing the video on my phone. I do use my MacBook primarily to watch videos when I’m home though if I’m not playing them on the tv with the kids.

Back