How much should PP Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was at Wal-Mart today and they had 5 quart jugs of Pennzoil Platinum for $20. Is that what PP normally cost? I noticed they also had Mobil 1 0w30 (green cap) for just 2 bucks more at $22/5 quart jug.

As far as I know, that M1 is a group IV and the PP is a group III so I figured there would be more of a price difference. I don't want to get into whether the group III or IV protects better, that is irrelevant here, I just thought the "lower quality" group III base stocks would be cheaper.

Walmart may have newer lower price from XOM, and they passed it on to customers. The price of M1 was $26 few months ago and PP was $20 for sometime.

If you look at quart prices, PP is $4.01/qt and M1 is $6.29/qt, in So Cal. That is more than 50% differences.

around here (regular) M1 has been $22 and M1 EP (extended protection) has been $26 for quite awhile. QS synth is around 18.50 and Super Tech synth is 17. these are the lowest prices I have seen anywhere.

now, simply purchase the PP and then go to pennz's website for the $15 rebate.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
around here (regular) M1 has been $22 and M1 EP (extended protection) has been $26 for quite awhile. QS synth is around 18.50 and Super Tech synth is 17. these are the lowest prices I have seen anywhere.

now, simply purchase the PP and then go to pennz's website for the $15 rebate.

+1

I went to buy some PP at Walmart on Friday. They only had one REALLY old 5 quart jug [someone must have returned it]. It was that angled jug from a really long time ago.

So I went to buy the single quarts and they were priced $5.77 each! This is in north Georgia.

Originally Posted By: RoGuE
I went to buy some PP at Walmart on Friday. They only had one REALLY old 5 quart jug [someone must have returned it]. It was that angled jug from a really long time ago.

So I went to buy the single quarts and they were priced $5.77 each! This is in north Georgia.

You mean there aren't a half dozen Walmarts within an hour or so of your location? lol

My biggest problem is that none of the local Walmarts seem to ever have 5W-20 PP in stock so I haven't gotten around to using it. It's hard to pass up the $12.50 5qt jugs of Motorcraft synth blend that seem to always be on the shelves.

Oh, we have at least 3 within 5 miles of me. I'm going to check the others later this week.

And you can't go wrong with that Motorcraft oil.
thumbsup2.gif

Through today (Aug 31st) wallmart will essentially PAY you to buy a 5qt jug of PP. This is combining the PP rebate with the wallmart gift card rebate.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Through today (Aug 31st) wallmart will essentially PAY you to buy a 5qt jug of PP. This is combining the PP rebate with the wallmart gift card rebate.

You can't combine both rebates. That said...I got 6 jugs of that $1/qt PP at home.

Originally Posted By: Familyguy
My biggest problem is that none of the local Walmarts seem to ever have 5W-20 PP in stock so I haven't gotten around to using it. It's hard to pass up the $12.50 5qt jugs of Motorcraft synth blend that seem to always be on the shelves.

your story amuses me because the last time i checked out a local WM for PP, they were sold out of every pp weight grade w/ the exception of 5w-20. perhaps better luck next time for both of us?

Originally Posted By: db130
Originally Posted By: Familyguy

your story amuses me because the last time i checked out a local WM for PP, they were sold out of every pp weight grade w/ the exception of 5w-20. perhaps better luck next time for both of us?

Hum, Around us, Walmart ALWAYS has PP 5W30 and 5W20...
But i also NEVER see any one in the oil section.

Purchased some today and Walmart had plenty of 5 quart 5W30 on the shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back