How much should I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
cwilliamsws6 said:
Thinking about selling the CR-V after I graduate because I want something that is a better fit for me, and I also want something American made that I can actually work on without shredding my hands up or disassembling the entire front end of the car to get to something (replacing my starter was the final straw).
/quote]

You should get a 4-cylinder Camry. American made and easy to work on
happy2.gif

In fact, the Camry is, or has been for quite a few years, the most American car you can buy
34.gif

Because the OP wants wagon-ish for space and some performance, he could also go with the Camry "Wagon", the V6 Awd Venza CUV.

OP/cwilliamsws6,

quick question: what wagon form vehicles do you see where you drive the most?
Normally I would not recommend a TDI, but the "fixed" VW Jetta and Golf Wagen should sell for a pretty low penny plus they come with extended dieselgate warranty.
Would still be less than $30,000+ which would leave a lot of other money available for a better sound platform build?

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
cwilliamsws6 said:
Thinking about selling the CR-V after I graduate because I want something that is a better fit for me, and I also want something American made that I can actually work on without shredding my hands up or disassembling the entire front end of the car to get to something (replacing my starter was the final straw).
/quote]

You should get a 4-cylinder Camry. American made and easy to work on
happy2.gif

In fact, the Camry is, or has been for quite a few years, the most American car you can buy
34.gif

According to Cars.com, the Jeep Cherokee is the "Most American Made" for 2018 and 2019. 2017 was the Wrangler, and 2015-2016 was the Camry.... the Camry went from #1 to not even in the top 10.

I'm kind of torn on what I want to do right now. I truly have always wanted a Buick Roadmaster wagon but trying to find a decent one in the rust belt is never gonna happen. Plus, I don't think I could pay for gas for a V8 land-yacht. Now, yes, I know the TourX is just a rebadged Opel Insignia but I have seen a few up close and on the road and they look really, really sharp and I've heard good things about them.

I know the TourX would be a bit of a chore to work on in itself but I hope to have a good enough job that when something does go wrong I can just make it someone else's problem or have the kids at the auto tech school work on it for me perhaps.

If I go the used-car route, I'd get a Blazer as an audio car and move all the gear from my CR-V over to it.

On the other hand, if I got a 4th gen Camaro or another Trans-Am I would finally do my dream LS cam swap build.

I refuse to own another Honda.

Edit: Just saw two top recent posts about a 2018 CR-V needing a new engine already, and now I know the new ones use CVTs and only have the 1.5 turbo motor.. DEFINITELY not getting another one now for sure...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
I quite frankly don't understand what the deal is with the Buick TourX. While I understand the appeal of the car itself-this model has every indication by who manufacturers it-and the current sale volume that it is not very long for this world.

It's a dinosaur going in. Almost IMHO- a bad of an idea as buying a used Fiat.

1. They are very discounted, we got 30% off ours. 2. chevy turbo LTG engine is no worries. 3. Aisin trans should last a long time. 4. 4 year 50k buick warranty. 5. Nothing else offers the comfort, space, luxury, awd, handling, in a not SUV ride height. Its the ultimate vehicle for families that dont need the seats of a mini van and doesnt want an SUV. 6. Exclusive. ive only seen one other tourx on the roads here in utah since our July purchase.

Should everyone run out and buy one? I hope not, its our little secret.

OP, your CR V should sell very well and the TourX Essense with driver packages 1 and 2 is awesome.

My local Buick dealer still has a few 2018 TourX models on the lot (new, not used!) marked down to like $28K last time I looked. I believe they are just base trim though.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
My other plan would be to get an S-10, Blazer or 4th gen Camaro.

At least those will be easy to work on and you'll probably have a few opportunities too.

oh yeah...hood up more than down...good times....

Originally Posted by earthbound
250a alt....holy sheet why???

2500 watts RMS 5000 peak for the subs, 820 watts full time to the doors, plus CB radio and off-road lightbar.

Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6

I know the TourX would be a bit of a chore to work on in itself but I hope to have a good enough job that when something does go wrong I can just make it someone else's problem or have the kids at the auto tech school work on it for me perhaps.

On the other hand, if I got a 4th gen Camaro or another Trans-Am I would finally do my dream LS cam swap build.

If you can work on a 4th gen Camaro/Trans Am, you can work on a TourX
smile.gif

Nothing you'd every buy is more of a chore to work on than one of those
lol.gif

Originally Posted by earthbound
250a alt....holy sheet why???

My Durango had a 220a from the factory! New OEM price? ~$410
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back