How much longer do I give the dealer?

Dealerships really, really don't want to work on cars that old. They will perform services when they are good and ready-and push the work back until they got nothing else to do-or until you make enough noise.

An independent is a much better option for that vehicle.

Obligatory:
kia_dealer_on_fire_001.jpg

and they’re sending me a list of recommended repairs. Is this typical of a dealer now?
Yes, very standard. Key word there is recommended. They throw LOTS of services at people and if you bite on 1 or even 2, they're happy. They come up with these lists for one reason too and it's because it works.

Yes, very standard. Key word there is recommended. They throw LOTS of services at people and if you bite on 1 or even 2, they're happy. They come up with these lists for one reason too and it's because it works.
It isn't just dealers that do this. Has anyone taken their vehicle to a Firestone lately?

Last edited:
Dealerships really, really don't want to work on cars that old. They will perform services when they are good and ready-and push the work back until they got nothing else to do-or until you make enough noise.

An independent is a much better option for that vehicle.

I'm surprised the dealer would even take this car in, no one driving a '94 Tercel is going to put dealership repair money into it.

It all depends on the service department and if the mechanics are any good. Don't feel alone in the whole feeling like you were screwed over or blown off, it happens.

Back