How much data is a device using?

I have wonderful comcast. They have a 1224 gb threshold. Normally this is not an issue as the whole year i've been average 900s.

Last 2 months I've gone 1050GB and 1150GB. This month I'm at 1150GB and a full week left so i'm pretty much doomed. Only new items added in the past month were an android box and a Wyze cam plus added to my existing cameras.

I have an R7000 Netgear router, it has a built-in traffic meter its off by Comcast's data by 10-20GB. But the annoying part is it does not state which device is using up the bandwidth. Are there any software or hacks to show this?

I can check my windows PC via network settings. All 3 computers account for maybe 250GB. I don't know how to check my iPhones and androids, but those will not be accurate because I use other WIFI networks. I have a lot of little nick nack stuff as well. 5 Wyze cameras, 3 wifi bulbs, 4 wifi sockets. google home, alexis devices, 3 smart TV. Apple TV. As i write this i feel i should trim down a lot of stuff, lol.

I feel like something might be bad/hacked and is sending constant data somewhere. But too many variables right now, i need help pin-pointing data hogs.

Are you or you family are watching more TV due to having an android box? Just two hours a day of HD video for a month would put you near 200GB.

waze cloud camera? its constant upload to the net.
2mbit*86400 seconds in day adds up. Still shouldnt be hundreds of GB.

Not sure if the r7000 supports dynamic QoS if it does enabling it will let you view traffic by device.

Last edited:
Those security cam can be quite thirsty if they are not setup to upload only the difference or buffer then upload a certain amount.

Back