How many posts here are AI-generated?

Dang it. The bot caught the typo.

Anyway we talk about all the advances in AI and the multiple powerful algorithms social media companies use - yet 30+ years of email and spam is worse than ever.

It's almost like the whole mess is on purpose.
Do you mean a conspiracy?

Ya. The last 15 yrs of so has shown that people are unable to determine even poorly constructed fakes. They have no chance with AI. Companies like SCL Group and Cambridge Analytica were able to use older technology for the dissemination of electronic disinformation to targeted groups . AI is just another more effective tool.

You can only imagine the number of spam emails where I had to prove to my parents they were fake (usually due to the omission of context). Now with AI it's going to be more difficult.

It's not even about the older people.

How many people do you know under 60 that drive anywhere, even to the grocery store, WITHOUT using GPS/Waze/Etc.

Don't give me that "but traffic" bull squeeze, even in the north Atlanta suburbs.

I am 100% the opposite of most people with regards to driving. I only use Waze/etc when I absolutely have to. I pre-plan most of my trips where I know I'm going into an area I have never been, I look on Google maps on a tablet or computer prior to leaving and try my best to figure it out/remember it. I will punch the address into Waze before leaving, let it go through it's motions and turn it off when I start rolling; that way I can easily get back to it when needed.

I CANNOT stand to listen to the turn-by-turn directions.

I look down in to most cars today and you see some map screen on 99% of them at all times. You really need to be looking at that all the time!???

It's not even about the older people.

How many people do you know under 60 that drive anywhere, even to the grocery store, WITHOUT using GPS/Waze/Etc.

Don't give me that "but traffic" bull squeeze, even in the north Atlanta suburbs.

I am 100% the opposite of most people with regards to driving. I only use Waze/etc when I absolutely have to. I pre-plan most of my trips where I know I'm going into an area I have never been, I look on Google maps on a tablet or computer prior to leaving and try my best to figure it out/remember it. I will punch the address into Waze before leaving, let it go through it's motions and turn it off when I start rolling; that way I can easily get back to it when needed.

I CANNOT stand to listen to the turn-by-turn directions.

I look down in to most cars today and you see some map screen on 99% of them at all times. Dam! You really need to be looking at that all the time!???
In the early 2000's I had friends who could not travel around Atlanta without GPS. In any case I do think some people just keep NAV open all the time even then they're not actively using it. IMO most people know where they're going but like to keep it open because of RTT (Real Time Traffic) and as you know Atlanta traffic can change on a dime.

In the early 2000's I had friends who could not travel around Atlanta without GPS. In any case I do think some people just keep NAV open all the time even then they're not actively using it. IMO most people know where they're going but like to keep it open because of RTT (Real Time Traffic) and as you know Atlanta traffic can change on a dime.
I keep Waze open all the time b/c.....it tells you where the cops are and traffic.

A.I. threads would be better than all the misinformation youtube videos be posted lately......

OR-new cars are evil and over priced threads as well.

As so wisely stated by Uncle Ben to Peter Parker in the Marvel universe: "With great power, comes great responsibility". We are all fully aware of how propaganda and misinformation have historically been used by those with ill intentions for personal gain.
But uncle Ben does make some good rice

IMG_2130.jpg

Back