How many baby boomers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiresome listening to all the sniveling of the lesser generations. I think I am going to kick back next to the pool and go through my Boat and RV websites and try to score a deal. The maid is helping the cook with Thanksgiving dinner. I need to head to the wine cellar and grab a tasty vintage. Won't be long before we can jet to Vail and do some winter activities. I'm thinking about selling my Key West canal home and upsizing. It is good to be a baby boomer! Everything served to us on a platter and we didn't have to do a lick of work to attain it!

Tiresome listening to all the sniveling of the lesser generations. I think I am going to kick back next to the pool and go through my Boat and RV websites and try to score a deal. The maid is helping the cook with Thanksgiving dinner. I need to head to the wine cellar and grab a tasty vintage. Won't be long before we can jet to Vail and do some winter activities. I'm thinking about selling my Key West canal home and upsizing. It is good to be a baby boomer! Everything served to us on a platter and we didn't have to do a lick of work to attain it!
Are you the same guy that drives all over town to find .25 cent a quart oil? Just wondering........
BTW-while your post is funny. It just solidifies what the younger folks think of us...even if it's an exaggeration.

And again-completely out of touch.

Last edited:
What I thought reading the thread that started all this. Funny to a few while alienating the rest. Everyone likes a good joke, nobody likes to be the joke.
Yes-these threads are getting tiring. The "more mature" guys need to come to a realization that things have changed.
It's too bad new/used vehicles are so expensive and there is a lot of pent of frustration by many who can't afford a new/used vehicle. The frustration needs to come out somewhere.

I miss the days of "Look at this great Crown Vic I pick up for 2,500 bucks.......

I didn't LOL but I did snicker at the OP's post. Not sure about the last sentence, to be really good snark, I think more along the lines of "Life was cheaper back then, just show and work at the first job I found that had a pension and full benefits--it wasn't that hard to build what I have, I just don't understand what these kids have to complain about".

You sir get it. Let them eat cake.

These threads prove we are becoming more divided. I could write a thesis on it.
No, these thread PROVE those that divide are products of mass media. Nothing more than drones, controlled by modern physiology to keep them tuned in, it is scary, they are fueling their own demise and freedoms. Ooh well! To bad on them! Hee hee
I got my cake and I am eating it, I worked very hard for it and now I will sit back and watch them all whine into actionless self pity. :whistle:

I'll be at the beach, on the boat, on the motorcycle, or using the amenities in my resort community. No one gave me a penny or a handout and yes, I had to go "to the office" for my paycheck or to my place of business when I had my own depending what part of my career I was at.

Last edited:
I am a 76 year old Boomer. And we have had it better, overall, than those who followed.

I graduated Engineering School with a BSEE in 1968. I had two dozen job offers. I went to a state supported school, and I graduated without any student debt. After working five years, I went to law school, It too was a State school, and I graduated with no debt.

We never paid enough taxes to support the level of Government services provided. So the National Debt soared to cover our services.

In contrast, later generations have enormous student debt, have questionable future Social Security and Medicare, and will have to pay the interest on the national debt.

About the only downside is, many of us were drafted to fight a stupid war in Southeast Asia to try to oppose the reunification of a foreign nation where we had no strategic interest.

\

I was born in 1953. I am a veteran and I survived the Cold War. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis very well because we lived in Santa Maria, CA and in 4th grade knew the score if the missiles got launched. Overall, we had it pretty easy. I graduated with $4,500 in student debt, which was a fair amount back then, but paid it off in less than four years. Interest rates went through the roof, but we still bought homes, and paid for them. Health care used to be affordable because the government was not very involved. I got very lucky in love and my wife and I have been married over 48 years. Most of all, I miss the good ole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back