How long to wait before asking guy to pick up his car?

Originally Posted by Hootbro
Two years is a long time to mess around with this. I would have parked it at a long term airport parking lot somewhere and mailed him the keys and address of the lot and walked away from it.

I kinda like the idea of getting $100 a month for just letting something sit on my property, and if it's never picked up, getting even more money. Guess it's just me.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Hootbro
Two years is a long time to mess around with this. I would have parked it at a long term airport parking lot somewhere and mailed him the keys and address of the lot and walked away from it.

I kinda like the idea of getting $100 a month for just letting something sit on my property, and if it's never picked up, getting even more money. Guess it's just me.

The problem is, you haven't collected anything. If you have the space, I agree it is a nice deal but you have to get this guy on a monthly payment schedule.

Why can't people here understand that?

What I can't understand, is why you started this thread?

You had a plan from the start. You ignore any advice, or just argue about it.

So again: Why start this thread?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE

My plan was to wait a few more months until an even $3,000 was due, then make contact. After reading some of the helpful posts and ignoring the troll posts, I decided to make contact now.

Thinking he's not coming back

EAF2BB4A-E2D1-49ED-9AC0-C7F43F0FE5C8.jpeg

Originally Posted by JasonC
This is an extremely entertaining post.

I think some clean up happened here because it got even more entertaining a while ago.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by JasonC
This is an extremely entertaining post.

I think some clean up happened here because it got even more entertaining a while ago.

It's kind of too bad this happens because a little lively fencing is healthy. I'm just hoping that the mod gods will shine down on this thread and loosen up a little bit more.
People have been very measured even with the occasional barb. So many people here have commented in general that they are not offended by some heated comments, neither am I.
thumbsup2.gif

Id have him pay everything owed up until now. And then pay $100 every month, due on the 1st of the month. Be blunt with him, tell him to mail the title back to you if he is not interested in the car, so that you can sell it and get it off your property.

Originally Posted by 02SE

My plan was to wait a few more months until an even $3,000 was due, then make contact. After reading some of the helpful posts and ignoring the troll posts, I decided to make contact now.

So did he respond?

We do understand that it's a good gig if you can get it. It's just that we think it's likely that he won't pay and if he doesn't pay, you're better off selling it now instead of waiting another year when the vehicle depreciates a little more. That's really how you make the most money. If the guy is legit and will pay your storage fee, collect it now and still store it for him for the next year if he wants, but make sure he pays every month. With paypal and venmo, it shouldn't be an issue.

Originally Posted by cjcride
I hope it is a good cheque. You should know for sure in a week or so.

Yes, I hope he updates.

Got a check covering 24 months storage for all the naysayers here.

Excellent. Now you have the money and the knowledge that he will pick up the car. That's better than waiting another year to see if he still has the money. Lots of death talk in other threads. Who knows if he'll be around next year to pay.

Back