How does anyone use the internet with only a phone?

Trying to use a phone to read bitog while on a train home. Very frustrating to get anything done. Besides the small screen, one finger typing and no mouse to navigate around, if you hit the wrong button you lose everything you typed. I read where many people don't have even a laptop anymore. They use a phone for everything. No wonder I can't read so many of the messages I get. No wonder when I sell something on ebay with local pickup only, people think shipping is free. Took 20 minutes to write this. Could have done it in 2 on a computer.

I agree, I need to use glasses now to read everything on a phone. I also hate to use my phone for internet banking. Screen is too small.

I agree, trying to do 'real' computing on a phone or even a tablet is just irritating for me. I usually have a pile of different windows up on 3 monitors, so using a single screen is a big step back.

I use my phone 99.9% of the time. Did my taxes yesterday on the new MacBook Air I got for my wife but I manage everything else on a plus-sized iPhone. Trading securities all day, email, internet browsing, etc.

Computers are ok but I can type much faster on a phone. I have a laptop and only do my class work on it and look at old yearbooks online and ordering parts for the beetle and nothing else. Phone is for everything else, BITOG, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, etc. My fingers always hurt after trying to type on a computer and I just use one hand usually I never could do the both hands and all fingers on the keyboard that feels awkward too me.

My phone is just that: My phone. I'll send an occasional text, but the only time I use the internet on it is if I don't have my laptop with me and really need to check something.

I use all three, Mac Desktop computer with 27" screen, MacBook Air with 13.5 and iPhone XR, all depends where I am.
With that said, I say to me its the same as watching TV or a movie. You can watch it on your phone, on a notebook or large screen.
Hands down I prefer the large 27" screen of my desktop (with a real keyboard) but I do use my phone for a huge percentage of everything I do, MacBook Air fills in the voids.

Back