How do you use your cell phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calls only
Calls, texts
Calls, texts, replacement for computer
Social media, weather, news
GPS.... Etc

I use mine for everything. Rarely use lap top anymore.

Weather, news, gps, text, calls in that order. It replaced the "reading room" newspaper.
Just started texting last year ( due to com regarding illness in wife's family)
Now my VTT died on my obsolete windows phone. Do i have to learn to swipe now?

Everything but talking. Talking use is probably not even an hour a month, and I only average 400-500 texts a month. But I use it for banking, scheduling, news, weather, GPS, traffic, etc... so pretty much everything.

For EVERYTHING. My company supplies us with a Verizon Iphone so it is used for business as well as personal calls, texts, GPS, web surfing etc.

And I do hereby admit that I have a problem, I am on it much too often and I know admission is the first step!

^ Same as this guy,

Also if I didn't need it for my business, I wouldn't have one at all unless there was access to free WiFi.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Everything, but I still prefer to use a computer if possible - proper keyboard and big screen makes a huge difference.

Ditto
I prefer to do internet things on my Desktop, but that's obviously not always possible.

the ONLY reason I Still have a laptop is for 1 piece of diagnostic software(FORSCAN) that requires Windows. there is a "lite" version for android, but the Full version which can pretty much do anything the Ford's IDS can, requires Windows.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Everything, but I still prefer to use a computer if possible - proper keyboard and big screen makes a huge difference.

same

I do some email but prefer a real keyboard. Will surf the web during idle times (along with checking email). It's mostly to fill in time when away from a computer.

I talk maybe 5 minutes a month and send maybe 10 texts a month on mine. Still gets a good half hour of usage per day, I'd estimate, between checking email when away from desk and checking various sites.

Don't own one, don't want one, looks like the march of the lemmings, everybodys heads hunched down, everyday at work during breaks and lunch that's the first thing that comes out, a phone, seen too many close calls when people don't pay attention to what or where they are going
crackmeup2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYgTM1pPjKQ

I have two cell phones, a work iPhone 7 that I carry 8-5 M-F and a personal 7S.

My expensive 7S basically sits at home and is used for the occasional text, random phone call, and looking at maps when we're on the road somewhere. It's an expensive toy, basically. But I'm not planning on replacing it for a few years.

very little!! + only for talking when necessary + NEVER while driving. i have a go-phone $25 for 3 months + 60 minutes + i have excess built up as it rolls over as long as you recharge before expiration.

Emergency calls only. At most I use it once a week for 1-2 minutes. Basically a go phone with 12 uses allowed for every 3 months ($100/yr). After that you pay extra.

Last edited:
Very rarely. I have a little smart phone that fits nicely in my front pocket. It's there if I need it, but I prefer a regular phone and my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back