Not open for further replies.
Excel spreadsheet for maintenance
Save receipts
date....task description....odometer....cost
I note everything as it provides detailed mileage over the year

For fuel I keep a small notebook
odometer......volume.......price
tally monthly on a fill up

The maintenance records really help sell a car.
People who like maintenance records always say yes to a mileage printout too

aCar app with Fuelly. I do log into Mopar for warranty. Was using carfax but they don't recognize do it yourself for tire rotations.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I keep my records on my iPhone with the Notes app. I can take pictures of receipts and products like the oil and filter. It is all backed up to the iCloud.

I do the exact same thing, it's easy, it's quick and it's right there in my phone. I think there's apps out there for vehicle maintenance now but the notes section on the IPhone is fine.

Mine is a very simple hand written log book. I only keep the pertinent stuff. A car with 200K will be at most 4 pages. Easy to leaf through to see what has been done, when, and what mileage. The same system I've used since 1973 when I started maintaining.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Excel spreadsheet with a separate tab for each vehicle.

Use Google Sheets, same difference.

Also enter scheduled maintenance at MyHundai, while under warranty.

Detailed paper log book, backed up by a spreadsheet in computer, backed up in a thumb drive. I've also entered most of it in the official Toyota Owners maintenance section, although that web site scarcely seems worth the hassle, since neither dealers (they tell me) nor any subsequent owner can see what I've entered.

I need to lock something like Google sheets or Excel or a notebook (I'd probably lose). I used to remember everything but now I'm 35 and things like my spark plugs, cap and rotor is all a blur. Usually I try to check plugs every 20k or so but usually they don't need replacing until 50k+. But that was when it was all highway, now I short trip a lot so it's going to wear them faster I'm sure.

I have 3x5 notebooks in every vehicle where I write down all maintenance and repairs, date, mileage, and part numbers. I also put down where I bought the parts and if it has a lifetime warranty.

I keep all receipts in folders in a filing cabinet.

I keep reciepts in a binder-folder or email folder and I also keep a textfile for maintenances with date and mileages.

The Kia is under warranty- I write the VIN and the date on the Filter box and save it, as well as taking a picture of the filter box next to the odometer and of new oil/filter sitting atop the engine.

For everything else, I just snap an odometer picture at each oil change.

Air filters- I write date and mileage in sharpie on the side of it before installing.

Not a big believer in having a whole pile of receipts laying around. If stuff wears out or breaks, I don't care to know how long it's been since it broke last. I just replace and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back