How do I save a pdf of my long Ebay listing?

When I go to PRINT and then Save as PDF, only about 4 pages go into the pdf. Not sure if Ebay changed how it displays it's pages, but in the past I could save a long listing like this into a 70 or so page pdf. Did something change?

Good luck with that. I tried the page with the PrintFriendly PDF extension, as well as their bookmarklet, and all I could get was 6-9 pages. Just using the Print to PDF function in the MS Edge browser got me no more than that, as well. I'm not saying it can't be done, but like I said good luck.

It works by the browser sending the page through the Windows printing system. In the control panel for printers, along with any installed real printers, you'll find a virtual printer that outputs PDF files instead of printing on paper. There is one that comes with Windows or you can install third party alternatives.

This is assuming that the browser is willing to submit a 70 page print job of a web page. It may assume that no one really wants that.

In the meantime, can you just save the webpage? you could open it later and print, even after ebay takes it down.

Beautiful car and I was able to save the listing as a 104 page PDF.

When I go to PRINT and then Save as PDF, only about 4 pages go into the pdf. Not sure if Ebay changed how it displays it's pages, but in the past I could save a long listing like this into a 70 or so page pdf. Did something change?
I saw that car, almost bid on it but wife was against it lol.

It will take them longer to read it than it would to drive there and see it.
He is old school. The mileage and options listed would sell the car as easily. Plus-he does a lot of "cut and paste" from previous listings if you notice.

Depends on 1) the construction of the page, and 2) the PDF distiller, whether that is a third party add-on, or native to the OS.

Some sites, including many major ones (like UPS) pay little to no attention to how their pages look if users attempt to print them, so the way they construct their pages make the results look unpredictable, if not crappy in any case, though trying different browsers may yield acceptable results. There are also extensions that can manually eliminate page elements to help.

Mac OSX, which originally relied on Display PostScript for its graphics rendering, has supported native printing to PDF as a system-wide function since the beginning, as well as third-party options ike Adobe Distiller.

Windows users have had to rely on Adobe, or other third party options for a long time, but I think MS finally added its own native capability since Win10, IIRC.

The browser in question isn't specified, but IME, Firefox's print system has always lagged behind others, though it has made strides in recent times. When I don't get good results, I try another browers.

However, one nicety it has added recently is the ability to capture screenshots, including the full unbroken page, and excluding the chrome, and save them to an image file.

Since it's captured as an image, that does sacrifice the links, text, and discrete images, and other page elements, but it does still represent a page in its entirely. That file can be printed to PDF, which will embed that image as a graphic, perhaps at some loss in fidelity, but does offer another format option.

Back