How can I find out how much a Copart auction sold for?

Is that information public?
My totaled Taurus sold, and I'm curious what it went for
Where's the Copart/IAAA crowd?

More and more online auctions are trying to hide auction data, even eBay is making it harder.

You pretty much have to have a script watch the auction near the end to know, sort of how cargraph used to work before it became “commercial

there used to be a site that did it for you

Screenshot_20210713-221619.png

Screenshot_20210713-222018.jpg

I don't know whether to laugh or cry 😭😂

Well, someone will get a decent engine/trans/airbags out of it

Starter and alternator, and a few serviceable panels

I'll never understand the salvage business

I was in the auto salvage business for about 5-6 years in my previous life dealing with repo's and abandoned cars. You'd be amazed on the amount of money to be made from cars that would (appear) to have very little or no value. I love diving around in junkyards and have developed a decent rapport with a couple of the local owners who run smaller yards. One told me he only bothers selling parts for "beer money" and makes way more money from just crushing and recycling the leftovers. And he's in a fairly high traffic area just on the outskirts of the suburbs with lots and lots of people in and out of there all day long buying parts.

I told my wife if I had to do my life all over again, she'd be co-owner of a junkyard. There are definitely a lot of rascals and shady types in that type of business but I dealt with a lot of good decent people as well. Neither of either type hurting for money or lacking business.

The bidder appears to be overseas (export docs are filed)

After paying buyers fees and shipping they are in for close to $3 grand, go figure, full intact in good condition that is a $1500 car

That makes no sense at all. Unless "something" gets put in the car when it is shipped...........

That makes no sense at all. Unless "something" gets put in the car when it is shipped...........
I think it's the opposite problem. Here stuff like cars are cheap, labor is expensive. There labor is cheap but parts are expensive. So cheaper to export a low dollar value car and have it fixed up over there for cheap labor than to fix it up here at top dollar per hour.

Back