How Bad are Fuzion Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother impulsively bought a used car about two weeks ago. It has two new Fuzion tires on it. I would never buy these, but how bad are they? Do they need to come off?

They're made/owned by Bridgestone and tire rack sells them, use with confidence.

Last edited:
What kind of car, what tires, and what do the other tires look like?

A used car lot replacing just two of four tires to me is flag #1.

Cheap Chinese. They are round and spin and should let you stop and go reasonably well. But Id want a matched set of quality tire on a vehicle my mother operates.

For the money the fuzionis a really decent tire, I wouldn't hesitate to keep them on until they wear low.

The last few years I've come to like sumitomo tires. They are relatively cheap but their performance has impressed me. The sumitomos have treated me much better than goodyears of the past.

Consider getting two more for a matching set. I'm thinking $200 installed for two more Fuzions. Check the date codes at a minimum to make sure they're less than 7yrs old. Most used car places only check the tread.

Probably not a brand I'd consider, but I did put them on one of our fleet cars as an experiment and a woman who used to work for me put them on her personal car. In both cases, this was a matter of price, but they seemed okay.
There is a well compensated co-wroker who actually has a set of Fuzions on her C class convertible.
A nice car, and I cringe every time I see it with these cheap beater tires mounted.
Anyway, they seem to work and last okay, although they wouldn't be my first choice.

Not at all.

They are Bridgestone designed tires made in China to Bridgestone standards. The are decent tires for price point. Interestingly some are made in the USA too>>>

Country of origin

Consumer Reports actually has them in their middle of pack in ratings for Fuzion Touring in H rated model. They are lowest price in pack.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Momma is right....Fuzions are a very nice tire...tell her your sorry. Momma knows best!

What are you talking about?

Check the tire's sidewall and input the info into Google. Tirerack will also have a lot of useful reviews. No sense getting worked up about it until you've at least done a quick, basic search.

Also, if the other two tires are sound, and with good tread, then leave them be.

On my 06 accord I4-put that on few months ago for the price at
tire rack and pep boys installed it-I wound say good tires for
the price,traction,quiet and no defect so far.Looks like it will
last me over 40k with proper tire pressure,regular tire rotation.

Thanks for the replies. I feel better about the tires.

I would feel terrible about it. China has been trying to destroy the North American tire industry with its cheap slave labor tires for a long time, but hey there cheaper thats all that matters right.

As soon as possible, I replaced 4-year old Fuzions (with tread) that came on Kitacamry from the dealer when I bought it...replacing them with tires matching those up front...they just didn't look like they were made from good rubber...but what do I know...it just made me feel safer get rid of them...and I gave them to the used tire shop...I didn't want to sell them to anyone.

Last edited:
I bought a set of HRi in 05 when I was in college. It was the right price for a broke student, $42 a pair. No real complaints about it, lasted 7 years and 35k miles before getting down close to the wear bars. Never had a problem that was the tire's fault, sold the car last year. At about the 5th and 6th years, they were getting really noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back