How are you cleanly dosing fuel adds???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Tamari sauce in that squeeze bottle. How does it taste?

I measured with a graduated container for a while but once I got used to the amounts and determined that the performance doesn't require exact concentrations, all I do is "'bout that much." Fast action and the additive funnel keeps the spills away. I also dose only at home so I don't need to carry greasy bottles around.

Still no optimum solution. Thought that a 1qt pumper would. Since all my ga$$er cars have these:

8dd9e0bc.jpg

And some the flap is tight enough to not let any liquid pass by.

I dont want to use a funnel - too much cleaning, and if it isnt cleaned, then it picks up dist and evaporates nasty stuff.

Pouring from a bottle means needing to prop the flap open and then pour in and clean off the bottle as well as the tool to press open.

I got one of these:

7a2643be.jpg

Holds adds and sends tcw-3 at 4 pumps to 1oz. Not bad.

Problem is, bend the line over in the container, and it will slowly pull oil out. Lots of it, like a suction through the pump itself!

So my outer container gets totally oily.

Bummer, this way really had promise.

I guess I need a zero-drip oil can. Do these exist?

I use an old 3.25 oz. "2-cycle oil" bottle - no problems. My typical fill is 10-11 gallons, so 3.25 oz. is "just about right" for the MMO/TCW-3 or whatever I decide to use. Lately, I've been alternating.

yyyyessss...I was on this "adventure" as well to find the best, and easiest to use additive pour
smile.gif
I was thinking about the condiment bottle above too! LOL..but figured eh, it's an oil, it'll leak past that little "stopper cap" then I'll have a real mess in my trunk LOL....

The 3.25 oz. 2-Cycle bottle works perfect for the MMO, since the typical treatment is 4 oz. per 10 gallons...I've found it works better with "less" though. The car stumbled a bit though, when I put that 2-Cycle in the tank LOL....the bottle didn't say it was "ashless" though
wink.gif
And no "TCW-3" markings to be seen....but eh, no CEL :p It's all good.

The bottle was found in the lawn and garden area at WM by the weed eaters, etc.....they also had small 3.25 oz. bottles of Sta-bil, basically a mini stabil bottle without the "squeeze" feature
smile.gif

In my diesels, I use an 8oz. 2-stroke bottle. For the gassers, the long Lucas fuel additives bottle or any of the long-necked bottles worked for me, fuel flaps and all.

just get a stabil bottle or reuse a techron or lucas bottle.

all are long enough to work fine.

personally I like a nice screw on lid I had bad luck with some lids popping when the container gets warm in car.

^I agree with the Lucas smaller additive bottle or a bottle of stable with the longer neck.

It's empty, use your favorite gas treatment fill from those and you are good to go.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I went to fill up tonight and didnt do well. Added 1oz of startron to stabilize the ethanol fuel, made a mess all over the bottle and some dripped onto the car. Then added my 4oz of MMO, and that went down the bottle too.

It is the mess from pouring it that annoys me. It wets the side of the bottle no matter what. Gets on the hands and vapors in the car I'd imagine (though I dont smell them).

The flip-top cap of the old "free" FP60 bottles was more or less mess free. Any screw-top narrow neck bottle gets the dribble down the side. Less viscous products not only dribble down when pulling back up, but also down the side during the pour.

Maybe Im pouring wrong, but have no issues with TCW-3, and other stuff like MMO, SI-1, and startron all do this.

UGH. Very annoyed given the mess on my hands. I may start wearing rubber gloves.

Have a look at this...

http://www.tractorsupply.com/30-cc-premium-auto-drench-gun-2226814

What do you think?

Thanks, Jim

EDIT: I have been using a 60ml syringe and it is messy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back