How are Ecoguard oil filters?

I have the infamous UFI oil filter for the GM 1.4 Turbo. Most housings are Hengst. It seems less came with the UFI housing marked UFI. Has the bypass spring on the filter. Thus, there are less options for those of us blessed with a UFI housing. I have no problem finding AC Delco. Parts stores usually have another brand in stock. One option I saw on Amazon is Ecoguard. I haven't heard much about them. I have used their cabin filters before, but this is oil filters we Re talking about. I wanna be a little careful. Thanks!

The Ecoguard filters that I've seen have been fine. But its a small sample size.

I would probably buy a few AC Delco to keep on hand and not worry about which manufacturer Ecoguard might be using this week.

I have used a few in the past, and would use them again if priced correctly.
They are a decent jobber filter, and with the limited availability of the UFI filter (my mother in law's Trax has it), I would use it for sure if cheaper than OEM.

It looks like Fram and Champ have the UFI filters on Rockauto. The champ filter even has the GM logo on the plastic end in its picture.

Back