Horn wouldn't stop today,unplugged..what to do?

98 LeSabre today! I used my horn and it wouldn't stop it stopped briefly when I turned.then straightening out resumed horn noise. Pushed many times the center steering wheel, didn't really help. Pulled over and unplugged the horns .noted electricity burning my fingers,so used gloves.
Went too work.openrd hood,and found the horn fuse.its a big not small fuse,number 60. Thought better unplug the fuse so thuers no electricity from battery going through the wires.
Need a new fuse? It's not burnt or center middle,the wave,is still intact . Whats going on ?it was messed up but kinda funny lol.onr guy just started at me his face open jawed *** lol

No, a bad fuse will not cause the horn to come on uncontrollably.

A short in the horn's wiring or the switch on the steering wheel is faulty. You may need a schematic of the horn circuit to troubleshoot effectively.

This happens on the C5 vettes. It is the horn contacts under the airbag module. As the foam the keeps the contacts apart deteriorates it does keep the contacts separated when not pushed.

If the horn contacts are part of the airbag, that is where I would bet the issue is.

Those particular air bags develop this problem with age, as the rubber/vinyl material shrinks with age. It usually starts intermittently. I've seen write ups on disassembling the cover and providing a remedy, though making a separate horn button would be a common fix.

Had a '90 GMC that the horn would blow on its own until the battery died if no one was around.

Remember when Ford had the horn "button" under a rubber ring in the ID of the steering wheel? Much crazier than having to push the turn signal stalk to honk the horn.

Anyway, when my wife was in college, she drove a '70 Mach-1. She was at a football game at the college one Saturday when she could hear a horn blowing out in the parking lot. She found out later it was her Mustang. She installed one of those Sport-Grip covers on the steering wheel. When it got hot inside the car, the cover made the horn blow.

98 LeSabre today! I used my horn and it wouldn't stop it stopped briefly when I turned.then straightening out resumed horn noise. Pushed many times the center steering wheel, didn't really help. Pulled over and unplugged the horns .noted electricity burning my fingers,so used gloves.
Went too work.openrd hood,and found the horn fuse.its a big not small fuse,number 60. Thought better unplug the fuse so thuers no electricity from battery going through the wires.
Need a new fuse? It's not burnt or center middle,the wave,is still intact . Whats going on ?it was messed up but kinda funny lol.onr guy just started at me his face open jawed *** lol
Classic clock spring symptoms. it happens because you are winding and unwinding the clock spring.

Well last night I removed from engine the big fuse.thiers no relay.i found.for horn.its a big 60 fuse.still intact. Removed it so I could leave the horn connections connected. I noted yesterday electricity moving through the connection wires,ft it.put cotton gloves on too unplug.

Yesterday I put the 60 big fuse back on I don't think thiers a relay .the horns went off car on,in park lol .so I unplugged them and left the fuse in.im gunna duct tape the wire connector ends up so their not exposed too air weather.ir should I just pull the fuse?

Back