Honda NAVI 110cc. Mini-moto toy.

I have less than 500 miles on my TNT, but to this point, it has been a hoot to ride. As should be with my miles, I have had zero issues. I also did a lot of video watching/forum reads, and the Benelli reliability has been quite good. I did take it on a end of season 220 mile ride, with the majority of those miles being on county highway roads. No issues going between 50-60mph the entire time. I'll be putting in a aftermarket came come spring for a couple extra ponies :)
What's "aftermarket came"?

pretty sure thats just a typo for "aftermarket cam" as in camshaft

is the Navi just a new name for the Grom? except the Grom is a 125cc and this is only 110. oh and a lot cheaper.
maybe the Navi will grow up into a Grom if you feed it? LOL

pretty sure thats just a typo for "aftermarket cam" as in camshaft

is the Navi just a new name for the Grom? except the Grom is a 125cc and this is only 110. oh and a lot cheaper.
maybe the Navi will grow up into a Grom if you feed it? LOL
The way I see it - many guys buy Groms for fun and stunts. Girls aren't much into stunts or shifting gears, at least not the majority. But with the Navi looking like a Grom it wouldn't be out of place at a Grom mini-bike meet-n-ride event. Just easier to ride due to it being basically a scooter in mini-bike outfit. In short - BF and GF can ride together on similar looking bikes, at normal city speeds, with BF having an edge at the hooligan factor.

Now, after I basically called it a girls Grom, I will say that tons of guys are gonna ride it too as a cheap to own/insure/maintain commuter. Stereotypes go out the saddle when gas prices keep going up, and this thing gets over 100MPG and keeps up with city traffic. Unlike my Honda Ruckus that costs twice as much, gets 100MPG too, but only does 40MPH, downhill and with tailwind.

P.S. I'm already calling some local dealerships about Benelli TNT135. @troop what kind of MPG are you getting?

What is the target market for these? Around here, every multi-DUI person kicks one of the 49cc scooters because you don't need a drivers license to operate a vehicle under 5 brake HP/50cc.
Specialty shops have emerged that specialize in making them 110cc but appear stock on the outside.

What is the target market for these? Around here, every multi-DUI person kicks one of the 49cc scooters because you don't need a drivers license to operate a vehicle under 5 brake HP/50cc.
Specialty shops have emerged that specialize in making them 110cc but appear stock on the outside.
Target market (according to some Honda representatives) is new riders. Those who are freaked out by Harleys, but wouldn't mind a cheap fuel efficient commuter. The target is to get those people into riding (since NAVI is extremely easy to ride, but doesn't scream "I'M A SCOOTER" with it's appearance) and then have these same people upgrade to faster and more expensive Honda bikes later on, once they get some experience on the NAVI.

Target market (according to some Honda representatives) is new riders. Those who are freaked out by Harleys, but wouldn't mind a cheap fuel efficient commuter. The target is to get those people into riding (since NAVI is extremely easy to ride, but doesn't scream "I'M A SCOOTER" with it's appearance) and then have these same people upgrade to faster and more expensive Honda bikes later on, once they get some experience on the NAVI.
They used to call that the 250cc Honda Rebel.

They used to call that the 250cc Honda Rebel.
These days the small bore movement is so strong (look at how hot the sales of Honda Grom and Monkey are) that 250cc suddenly is a BIG small bore.
I've always been a fan of "It's more fun to ride a slow car fast, than a fast car slow." saying, and seems like many people are picking up on the same idea in last few years, but in two wheeled world. The flickability of these small 100cc-150cc small bikes makes them the perfect commuters, as every ride is hecka fun and always on the limit, but still slow enough to stay alive and not get a ticket.

Last spring, my wife was thinking she might want a moped, and we were considering a pair of Ruckus's. At the last moment, she decided she likely wouldn't ride it much, so I then opted for the TNT135. At that time, I also was considering a KTM Duke 200 and the Big 3 300/400 models. I then realized what I really wanted was a small frame mini type bike to basically use in lieu of a moped. Heck, I already have a bigger bike. Sure I've spent $$ on mods (who doesn't ??) , but I have a blast on the Benelli. Adding the cam/ECU flash has shown 2 HP/ 5+ mph gains on a bike making 11 HP. Hell, I'll spend the $$. It moves my 6'2", 36" inseam, 220# around nicely :)

Attachments

• 20211212_143909.jpg
    20211212_143909.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 34
Last spring, my wife was thinking she might want a moped, and we were considering a pair of Ruckus's. At the last moment, she decided she likely wouldn't ride it much, so I then opted for the TNT135. At that time, I also was considering a KTM Duke 200 and the Big 3 300/400 models. I then realized what I really wanted was a small frame mini type bike to basically use in lieu of a moped. Heck, I already have a bigger bike. Sure I've spent $$ on mods (who doesn't ??) , but I have a blast on the Benelli. Adding the cam/ECU flash has shown 2 HP/ 5+ mph gains on a bike making 11 HP. Hell, I'll spend the $$. It moves my 6'2", 36" inseam, 220# around nicely :)

troop i love the look of your bike...is anything left oem on it?

troop i love the look of your bike...is anything left oem on it?
Ha .. Thanks. It's weird how cheap stuff is for this bike. I wanted the Super Moto look, and I think I got that. Front fender: $12/shipped Ali Express, Lextek dual under seat exhaust: $95, Two mufflers: $60, Dual headlight/bracket: $28 from Amazon. Fork Guards: $18 Ali Express. The handguards are from a past FZ09. The ECU flash was the most expensive at $175.

This Honda Navi has been one of the bigger scams, in my opinion...
1) EPA Estimates 110MPG average... Real world shows 29% less... Everyone who owns one says 80-85MPG is the best they ever got, with as low as 55-60MPG when headwind is involved. 109CC...
From Fuelly.com on Honda Navi:
Based on data from 6 vehicles, 60 fuel-ups and 3,355 miles of driving, the 2022 Honda Navi NVA110B gets a combined Avg MPG of 78.09 with a 4.03 MPG margin of error.
2) Build quality is on par with Chinese scooters. Honda Ruckus and Metropolitan are slower, but will outlast a NAVI I think.
- Ruckus/Metropolitan have liquid-cooled 49CC engines with a top speed of 40-45MPH depending on how heavy the rider is. Real-world 100-115MPG average.
- NAVI has a 109CC air-cooled with a top speed of 50MPH. Real-world 75-85MPG average.
- My 21 year old 250cc Honda Reflex scooter gets 70MPG and can do 85MPH, just for comparison...
3) $1,807 MSRP? Yea, right... Everyone in US is paying $2500-$3200 out-the-door. While the rest of the world is paying $700-$800 for exactly the same brand new Honda NAVI.

I'm a mini-moto lover, but this NAVI is just a one big scam machine... Nothing promised about it is true... Thankfully Monkey and Grom are still holding it down. 125CC and 100-130MPG seems to be the norm in real-world.

Back