Honda filter bulk buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have any use for that except a shop or dealer?

I'm not buying 30 filters at a time. Especially when that is a common filter size so it's easy to find fresh stock.

What is your OCI at 5000 miles that's 150,000 miles a person could easy use those up in 10 years. But some of them could be getting a little marginal after that much time. Some people would however put that much mileage on a car in 4 years with ease and that wouldn't become an issue. They aren't likely to get cheaper.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Who would have any use for that except a shop or dealer?

I'm not buying 30 filters at a time. Especially when that is a common filter size so it's easy to find fresh stock.

Buy 30 and sell them locally, or try to arrange a BITOG group buy. That's what I thought this thread was going to be before I clicked on it.

You will not get 30 filters at that price. If you look at every single online Honda parts website, they put that in the description of the filter. They're simply stating that they also offer them in multiples of 30. Buying that item will get you as many filters as you specify in quantity. You will not get 30 filters at that price. It's simply poorly worded and in this case for more than 20 dollars for a single oil filter, over priced.

You can prove this by looking on the site for the actual 30 filter pack and comparing the price. Using BernardiParts as an example, they have the same text:

FILTER, OIL (HONEYWELL) (SOLD IN MULTIPLES OF 30)

Part Number: 15400-PLM-A02
Price: $7.30 $5.12
You Save: $2.18

Except the price is much lower so you're less likely to believe you get 30 filters for $5.12.

If you then navigate to the maintenance section of BernardiParts, they show an actual pack of 30 filters, the price? $139.50.
https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Genu...ILTER-PACK.aspx

So no you won't get 30 filters and yes Sons Honda is overpriced.

I expect that is more than one but less than 30 (my guess would be 3). The listing is confusing.

Sons is good people, I’ll contact them and see what they say.

Originally Posted By: Brolly
I called and they state $21 for 1 oil filter.

Yeah, such a deal !!

Apparently the statement "Sold in Multiples of 30" just means they will sell and ship you 30 at a time (for only $630) if you want to buy that many in one purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back