Honda #25430-PLR-003 filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. I'm posting this auto trans filter for member Phishing. Car is a 2010 Honda Accord. Filter has 96,xxx miles on it.

Phishin: sorry I mutilated the filter but that was a tough one to cut open as it is very well made.

11ju99x.jpg

nqwapc.jpg

2j5kqya.jpg

2yv2c8j.jpg

2uoqwps.jpg

Darn good question but my harbor freight cutter made nice ridge in housing then I whacked it with sharp chisel and ripped it open. Definitely well made
smile.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif
10.gif

Gang: if anyone here is using a oil filter for ATF and would like to see how it does or held up please pm me, I'll gladly cut it open for you

Thank you folks
smile.gif

Thanks car51. BTW, this is the "lifetime" filter that sits on top of the tranny. It's a bit hard to get to, so I had the Honda dealer remove it and reinstall a fresh OEM one.

I've never seen a filter with that white material between the pleats. Perhaps this is prevent the media from collapsing??

Phishin: I don't know what the white stuff was but it was like very hard, maybe some kinda glue or....

Don't know how ATF flows thru it either

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how ATF is flowing through this filter? I can't make sense of it....

When you look at the third picture, how can fluid be passing through the media when the white foam is always "in the way". It appears to me, that ATF isn't passing through the foam.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how ATF is flowing through this filter? I can't make sense of it....

When you look at the third picture, how can fluid be passing through the media when the white foam is always "in the way". It appears to me, that ATF isn't passing through the foam.

The white glue is there to secure the endcaps to the media. Transmission fluid flows through the media then into the center tube and out the exit hole. It seems pretty simple to me.

Originally Posted By: car51
sorry I mutilated the filter

Good lord! I know it's Halloween but this is way too much.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: Phishin

The white glue is there to secure the endcaps to the media. Transmission fluid flows through the media then into the center tube and out the exit hole. It seems pretty simple to me.

Yeah, for some reason, the first 2000 times I looked at these pics, I thought the pleats were filled with this white foam stuff. It's so obvious now, that it's just the ends of the pleats....but my mind's got a mind of it's own.

07 Civic - and maybe lots more - uses the same filter. It's a stretch to install on top of trans. Done from top or bottom? FSM says to remove banjo bolts from hoses which seems like PITA. Looks like room to just remove hose clamps, then filter holder and filter. What's your procedure for the Civic? Thanks

Originally Posted By: user52165
07 Civic - and maybe lots more - uses the same filter. It's a stretch to install on top of trans. Done from top or bottom? FSM says to remove banjo bolts from hoses which seems like PITA. Looks like room to just remove hose clamps, then filter holder and filter. What's your procedure for the Civic? Thanks

On my 2010 Accord, this filter is mounted on top of the transmission from the factory.

I replaced the CRV's external auto transmission filter with a magnafine. The filter on it looked similar to yours with 120,000 KM on it (I'm sure it was never serviced as its not part of Honda's maintenance plan)

We just picked up a 06 v6 accord with one of these filters. I pulled it out last weekend. The car has 321,000kms - - the filter was never changed.

It was jet black and hard as a rock.

These filters should be changed every 60-90kms.

Thanks fot the pics

I have a 2006 Civic with 190K and AT. Should I be replacing this filter?

Drain and refill of DW1 has been religiously done at every 30K.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back