Homemade Cocoa Powder

I think I copied this directly or ideas from #vavaroom

By volume, have not tried by weight:

1/3 powder CREAM
1/3 organic cacao
1/3 inulin crystals/powder

Say 1/2 cup or full cup of each, smaller or larger. I think I did 2 cups of each last batch.

Mix - then SIFT together. Do not skip sifting. A flour sifter works great, but there are other options. This is important - don't complain about the lumps if you don't sift.

Store in a sealed jar.

You will need to sweeten it if you are expecting sweet marshmallow cocoa.

3 heaping teaspoons in a mug with boiling water may be a good starting point. You may need to adjust. I always have it in my coffee, and add half-half and often no sweetener.

I think I copied this directly or ideas from #vavaroom
I don't think so. I have ground cacao beans only once myself and have no desire to do so again.
By volume, have not tried by weight:

1/3 powder CREAM
1/3 organic cacao
1/3 inulin crystals/powder

Say 1/2 cup or full cup of each, smaller or larger. I think I did 2 cups of each last batch.

Mix - then SIFT together. Do not skip sifting. A flour sifter works great, but there are other options. This is important - don't complain about the lumps if you don't sift.

Store in a sealed jar.

You will need to sweeten it if you are expecting sweet marshmallow cocoa.

3 heaping teaspoons in a mug with boiling water may be a good starting point. You may need to adjust. I always have it in my coffee, and add half-half and often no sweetener.
I just use off-the-shelf cacao powder, wet milk/cream, and inulin. All to taste, no measurements involved although I'm good at winging it.

Works for me. :coffee:

1712707898787.jpg

Back