Highly lethal bird flu reported at Kentucky chicken farm

Something like this happens every few years. I don't remember how many years ago it was, but the county and state fairs may stop some or all poultry exhibits until it runs the course or a vaccine hits the market.

I just read about it in Indiana commercial farms the other day....farms right along the major migration routes....

Chicken/egg prices going up even more!

I just read about it in Indiana commercial farms the other day....farms right along the major migration routes....

Chicken/egg prices going up even more!
That’s if you can even find it. Not sure how it is where you’re at?

Can’t remember if it was WM or Kroger, but one of them had nothing and the other had next to nothing. We eat a lot of ground turkey too. It’s a hard to find as well.

That’s if you can even find it. Not sure how it is where you’re at?

Can’t remember if it was WM or Kroger, but one of them had nothing and the other had next to nothing. We eat a lot of ground turkey too. It’s a hard to find as well.
I actually work at a grocery....
Fresh chicken hasn't been difficult to find, as long as you are flexible....
Some days we only have breasts, some days only thighs/ drums, etc.

Now frozen chicken on the other hand...
That's another Story...that section of the freezers is mostly empty most days.

There are ongoing staffing/production issues at Tyson, and others, but Tyson is the juggernaut of the chicken industry, that we've heard would be ongoing, and affect store stock levels for the next 4 months at least...
...and That was BEFORE the H5N1 outbreak.

I actually work at a grocery....
Fresh chicken hasn't been difficult to find, as long as you are flexible....
Some days we only have breasts, some days only thighs/ drums, etc.

Now frozen chicken on the other hand...
That's another Story...that section of the freezers is mostly empty most days.

There are ongoing staffing/production issues at Tyson, and others, but Tyson is the juggernaut of the chicken industry, that we've heard would be ongoing, and affect store stock levels for the next 4 months at least...
...and That was BEFORE the H5N1 outbreak.

Which chain do you work for ?

I was working for Publix Supermarket down here for a few years.

Which chain do you work for ?

I was working for Publix Supermarket down here for a few years.
Been with Meijer for nearly 24 yrs.
Most as a cashier, last 4 months doing curbside pickup ( walking the store shopping for customers, and also taking the stuff out and loading it into their vehicles. On the avg day I'm walking somewhere between 8-12 mi in the store. I've lost 25 lbs so far....still over 330, but...)

Some of our store brand frozen products roll off the same line as Publix stuff...
Several years ago, we would occasionally get cases of things like Frozen pizzas or waffles that the case was labeled as Meijer brand, but the product inside would either be half Publix boxes, half Meijer, or all Publix...

Back