Highest flow filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every filter for your application will behave about the same assuming they're functioning properly.

It's been my understanding that synthetic filters flow the best, but it won't be enough for your vehicle to know the difference.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Now we're on page 3 ...
lol.gif

You know good and well I meant the main "oil filter" topic page where each thread topic like this is located. Page 2 is rarely looked in my estimation. All your work and opinions, poof. That's why people keep asking the same old questions into infinity.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Now we're on page 3 ...
lol.gif

You know good and well I meant the main "oil filter" topic page where each thread topic like this is located. Page 2 is rarely looked in my estimation. All your work and opinions, poof. That's why people keep asking the same old questions into infinity.
laugh.gif

Guess people only read and absorb what they want ... that's human nature which only they can change. Best way to "keep up" with what's going on is to read often, not just pop in once and awhile like many do and ask questions that have been discussed dozens of times. Welcome to chat boards ...
lol.gif

Why would anyone want a High Flow Rate filter (bigger particles pass thru e.g. 35u) unless you have a race car
or some other application where you need maximum flow?

Originally Posted by PhilsZ
Why would anyone want a High Flow Rate filter (bigger particles pass thru e.g. 35u) unless you have a race car

You shouldn't.

Originally Posted by PhilsZ

And to add ... it's been shown many times that high efficiency filtration does not mean they flow badly. Media design (ie, full synthetic or synthetic blend) and media area have a lot to do with achieveing high efficiency with high flow performance - ie, meaning low delta-p across the filter with a high oil flow volume going through the media.

Examples: Purolator PureOne with hot oil, or a Ford Performance Racing filter. Both at rated at 99% @ 20 microns, and both flow very well (low delta-p with high oil volume flow).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back