High Performance Lubricants Super Car "Overkill" 0W-20 VOA

Mr. D.Ward strongly recommended that I use this specific lube in my hard-workin' Honda. For this specific engine Honda does not require or even recommend anything aside from a 0w-20 grade motor oil so I don't have to worry about all the extra minutiae that some people are talking about in this thread.

I'm just hopin' that by using this Supercar stuff that I can get some flames shootin' out the tailpipes like a Lambo! 🔥
I put some in the Camry and melted the front tires while parallel parking.

Which car specs an oil without API classification? If none, can this oil be used in any car?

AEHAAS would say it's too thick for use in a supercar.
Are you gonna trust some rich guy with more money than sense, or a guy with numerous patents and peer-reviewed books on oil formulation & additives to his name? No offense to the amateur here, AEHaas…

Are you gonna trust some rich guy with more money than sense, or a guy with numerous patents and peer-reviewed books on oil formulation & additives to his name? No offense to the amateur here, AEHaas…
Yeah, I mean, Dr. Rudnick is very much the "godfather" of modern synthetic oil formulation, he's likely forgot more about it than most will ever know. If you give this guy carte blanche, I think you could safely assume the results are going to be good.

Yeah, I mean, Dr. Rudnick is very much the "godfather" of modern synthetic oil formulation, he's likely forgot more about it than most will ever know. If you give this guy carte blanche, I think you could safely assume the results are going to be good.
Something like that…. Small world, after talking to Dave it turns out HPL has already formulated some industrial oils for the company I work for (that have been essentially ignored). Now, in 2023, the goal is to get those oils into widespread use & do some flexing on PMs… 😎

Something like that…. Small world, after talking to Dave it turns out HPL has already formulated some industrial oils for the company I work for (that have been essentially ignored). Now, in 2023, the goal is to get those oils into widespread use & do some flexing on PMs… 😎
I’m hoping to get some of the HPL compressor oils into a good % of the 150k HP of high-pressure air compressors we have…

That can be done easily. Great suggestion.

David
That's indeed a great suggestion.

To add to that, I'd be curious to see what could be achieved if Group III is replaced with PAO in the 10W-20 and the VW502 additive package is used, as @The Critic suggested. I'm sure it'd be a heck of a motor oil. :)

I would love to run something like that in the Jeep and Durango. Currently I'm running Premium Plus PCMO in the Jeep and I'm perfectly happy with it and I'm confident it protects the engine well. But this is BITOG after all, and you guys like to push boundaries. (y)

That's indeed a great suggestion.

To add to that, I'd be curious to see what could be achieved if Group III is replaced with PAO in the 10W-20 and the VW502 additive package is used, as @The Critic suggested. I'm sure it'd be a heck of a motor oil. :)
Could a PAO oil hold a heavy add-pack? Would be interesting indeed.

Could a PAO oil hold a heavy add-pack? Would be interesting indeed.
I don't think that would be a problem since the entire Supercar lineup is blended with PAO base oil + co-base + VW502 additive package.

It would be a Supercar oil without VII. I'm curious if at least a 5W-20 can be achieved without VII and a majority PAO base stock. That would probably be the absolute *best* 5W-20 on the planet.

I’ll put it together after the holidays.

David
This right here is why HPL is BITOG legend. HPL makes great oils and add packs based on consumer demand, and when the board asks for something “bespoke” that makes sense, HPL delivers! It’s like Christmas morning, year-round! 👏

If this add pack can be blended into their 10W20, I might be interested. :unsure:

So with the slow day due to the super cold weather we did put together a pair of these. You’re 10w20 in Group III, AN, Ester as well as a PAO, AN, Ester version which is a 5w20. Both with zero VII. I’ll have the majority of the information on these Tuesday and the MRV’s will follow since they are 48 hours each.

David

So with the slow day due to the super cold weather we did put together a pair of these. You’re 10w20 in Group III, AN, Ester as well as a PAO, AN, Ester version which is a 5w20. Both with zero VII. I’ll have the majority of the information on these Tuesday and the MRV’s will follow since they are 48 hours each.

David
David, you and your crew are amazing! The only thing better than your oil is Aleah's banana pudding.

Last edited:

David
I have not been a fan of running 20wt oils , but i see myself ordering one of the above oils for my mazda.

David
I predicted that PAO - AN - Ester would result in a 5W-20, but that was just a gut feeling. I was shooting for a 0W-20 monograde type deal, however, I suppose that's a bridge too far.

Is it possible to blend a 5W-30 or at the very least a 10W-30 with PAO - Ester - AN and no VII?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not been a fan of running 20wt oils , but i see myself ordering one of the above oils for my mazda.
I've been wondering if one of those would be a good choice for my short-tripping in cooler weather, which in my area is almost year-round.

I've been wondering if one of those would be a good choice for my short-tripping in cooler weather, which in my area is almost year-round.

Shel, thanks for the nice words. This is a good question. I’m not sure I have a solid answer for you. What I can say is the best solution to short tripping is one normalized trip a week. At least you will drive the water out once a week.

David

I predicted that PAO - AN - Ester would result in a 5W-20, but that was just a gut feeling. I was shooting for a 0W-20 monograde type deal, however, I suppose that's a bridge too far.

Is it possible to blend a 5W-30 or at the very least a 10W-30 with PAO - Ester - AN and no VII?

Thank you.
A 5w30 if possible would be a home run imo.

Back