High Performance Lubricants Super Car "Overkill" 0W-20 VOA

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
VOA for the @High Performance Lubricants Super Car "Overkill" 0W-20:
Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 7.13.07 PM.jpg

Interestingly, it has:
- More moly than the 0W-40
- Roughly same oxidation (which should be expected), as I ASSUME it has the same approximate ester content, but Dave can correct me if I'm wrong on that

I'm sure this has been discussed and I'm sorry if it I'm repeating the question but how is the better/same/different than the premium 0W-20? I think I remember that you are using a different add pack (European spec?) as opposed to a API SP GF-6 add pack. But performance wise. I'm curious cause I just used the Premium in 2 cars and I'm trying to understand the difference other than the obvious.

Calcium is on the high side is this not recommended for T-GDI or is there other mitigation for lspi?

I'm sure this has been discussed and I'm sorry if it I'm repeating the question but how is the better/same/different than the premium 0W-20? I think I remember that you are using a different add pack (European spec?) as opposed to a API SP GF-6 add pack. But performance wise. I'm curious cause I just used the Premium in 2 cars and I'm trying to understand the difference other than the obvious.
Yes, this is a full-SAPS Euro additive package, hence the ~900ppm of phosphorous, about 300ppm higher than the M1 EP 0W-20 in the previous report.

Calcium is on the high side is this not recommended for T-GDI or is there other mitigation for lspi?
I mean, it's a full-SAPS Euro additive package stuffed in a 0W-20, so it's not pretending to be API-anything, as it has far too much phosphorous. It looks about as "robust" as I expected it to be though, tons of moly, high phosphorous, lots of calcium and magnesium.

Approvals-wise, these oils were targeted at many Euro marques that were DI (VW/Audi for example) and LSPI wasn't an issue, though that could be more engine related than oil related.

Yes, this is a full-SAPS Euro additive package, hence the ~900ppm of phosphorous, about 300ppm higher than the M1 EP 0W-20 in the previous report.
Ahh Full SAPS; that was it. I'm starting to remember. Old age man......

One of these days I would love to try either the 0W or 5W 40 in my B5 S4 but 1. I need to get it registered to start driving it again and 2. I need to get through the rest of the oil I have sitting in the closet. Maybe once I get it all fixed up including new turbos and the other crap that is wrong with it. With my track record I'm guestimating like another 10 - 20 years before that is done! ;) I still have 034 adjustable upper control arms front and rear sitting on my shelf in the garage that I've had since maybe 2017. Too much to do and no time or money.

Mr. D.Ward strongly recommended that I use this specific lube in my hard-workin' Honda. For this specific engine Honda does not require or even recommend anything aside from a 0w-20 grade motor oil so I don't have to worry about all the extra minutiae that some people are talking about in this thread.

I'm just hopin' that by using this Supercar stuff that I can get some flames shootin' out the tailpipes like a Lambo! 🔥

Back