High % Moly grease tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said those time intervals were impressive, I didn't say I would use them

I change grease more often then that, but I am starting to wonder if it is really necessary?

However I am NOT going to be the "GOAT" and try it!
If you really stop and think about it, the old farmers adage "Grease is Cheap" means think of the alternative if the grease fails, AHA, when you see it in this light, things look different don't they!!!

Maybe adding some powdered MoS2 to your grease would be smart.
King pins are tough to change out, and we have to keep them lubed regularly. The channels inside get dry and plugged - this is your best bet.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Valvoline Synpower

This is all I ever use because it's available at most auto stores.

I use Durablend because I don't see a need for synthetic. Durablend still has a good amount of MoS2.

salesrep, sounds like 274 has all the anti-wear properties of 238 but is suitable for wheel bearings, correct?

Schaeffer274 grease is all I use on a fleet of forestry vehicles intervals of 3 mo. The grease does not bleed from the gun and is good for high speed bearings buy far Schaeffer grease is the best I have found for moly content and being sticky not pounding nor bleeding all over tool box and service truck. Since finding and using Schaeffer products I switched all my shops lubricants to Schaeffer products

Something to remember about the schaeffer 238 grease is that it is a aluminum complex grease. Make certain that it is compatible with whatever grease you are currently using or make certain that you clean out the bearings extremely well before switching greases.

Here is an article about grease compatibility that should be read.

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/1865/grease-compatibility

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Valvoline Synpower

This is all I ever use because it's available at most auto stores.

+1 I just bought 3 tubes of 2006 vintage from napa and this is some of the stickiest tackiest grease I have ever worked with. Zero oil separation also!!!! About 5 bucks, no more MEssy-1 for me.

Lubrication Engineers will have a new 5% moly grease available Oct.10
# 1488, Almamoly™ HD Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back