HF Recall on 14" Electric Chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email today from HF to return my electric chainsaw for a new one.

Dear Valued Customer:

This letter is to notify you of a PRODUCT RECALL on the Portland, One Stop Gardens and Chicago Electric 14-Inch Electric Chainsaw (items #67255 and 61592) sold by Harbor Freight Tools. Pictures of the products are shown below. Portland and One Stop Gardens chainsaws are green and black, while Chicago Electric chainsaws are red and black. Affected models were sold between May 2009 and February 2018. This product recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Our records indicate that you purchased one or more of these items during the affected time period.

This recall is being conducted because Harbor Freight Tools has received reports that the chainsaw's internal power switch can malfunction and cause them to continue to run after the switch has been put into the "off" position, creating a serious safety hazard to users. IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THIS ITEM, EVEN IF THERE IS NO APPARENT PROBLEM, AND RETURN THE CHAINSAW(S) TO YOUR NEAREST HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS STORE FOR A REPLACEMENT. Replacement chainsaws will be in stock and available at Harbor Freight Tools stores nationwide beginning May 21, 2018.

If you have questions or would like additional information, please call (800) 444-3353, email [email protected] or visit the safety recall page on our website, www.harborfreight.com. Directions to your nearest Harbor Freight Tools store may also be found on our website. If you do not live near one of Harbor Freight's 1,000 retail locations across the country, please contact our customer service department at (800)444-3353 for assistance.

We regret this inconvenience but our concern for your safety is paramount. We value your business and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Harbor Freight Tools

Originally Posted by Linctex
Now go cut out all those roots you were planning on before you send it back!

Install your in ground pet fence wire!

I have to say they have a great system for the recall...they just return the old one on a gift card then sell you a new one. You could spend the money on something else!

I used a coupon to get it for $40 a year ago, they returned it at full price of $50 and put it on a card. They rang the new one up and I found a coupon at HF coupon database and bought the new one for $40 again.

It was the manager standing there and I asked permission to do all of these things and he agreed it was company policy to accept their coupons.

The recall notice was a good reminder that giving the company your contact information isn't always a bad thing.

Originally Posted by LotI
..The recall notice was a good reminder that giving the company your contact information isn't always a bad thing.

Every time I buy something at HF, they ask for my phone number, and I always give it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back