HF Icon Tool Storage - A Game Changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by billt460
The guy said they were only introducing them in certain stores for now. More later. I'm assuming that's to lower their inventory until they get some kind of positive sales feedback.

They're big boxes, requiring substantial space to store them. They're heavy too so it's more cost-effective to ship multiple ones to a single location than to ship onesie-twosies to each individual store. While it might not be the most convenient, in some cases, maybe only one store in a metro area will initially stock them so a potential buyer might have to drive a little farther than normal. HF delivers them so that's a non-issue for the buyer. Oddly, in the state of Ohio, they're only stocked in (3) locations total. One is a suburb of Columbus, one in a suburb of Cleveland, and one in the middle-of-almost-nowhere Mansfield OH. All three are in the NE quadrant of the state basically. Nothing for Toledo, Dayton, or Cincinnati.

I'm hoping they're a smashing success. Then I can pick up a nice U.S. General box on a closeout.

There are NOT replacing the US General boxes.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
The guy said they were only introducing them in certain stores for now. More later. I'm assuming that's to lower their inventory until they get some kind of positive sales feedback.

They're big boxes, requiring substantial space to store them. They're heavy too so it's more cost-effective to ship multiple ones to a single location than to ship onesie-twosies to each individual store. While it might not be the most convenient, in some cases, maybe only one store in a metro area will initially stock them so a potential buyer might have to drive a little farther than normal. HF delivers them so that's a non-issue for the buyer. Oddly, in the state of Ohio, they're only stocked in (3) locations total. One is a suburb of Columbus, one in a suburb of Cleveland, and one in the middle-of-almost-nowhere Mansfield OH. All three are in the NE quadrant of the state basically. Nothing for Toledo, Dayton, or Cincinnati.

I'm hoping they're a smashing success. Then I can pick up a nice U.S. General box on a closeout.

There are NOT replacing the US General boxes.

Actually, they don't stock them at all, at least not now. They have a display and take orders from that. Then free delivery to your home, shop, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back