Here's what I do to HPL oil

Ah yes, good ole Summit Point Raceway. When I was doing driver training at my old agency in NoVa., we used Bill Scott's place exclusively for all EVOC training (all at night too). I know the original circuit like the back of my hand and driven many a cop car in anger at that place. Fastest I got before entering turn 1 was 119 mph in a Crown Vic (lightbar drag). When I raced my WERA Suzuki there, it was quite a bit higher. A lot of the Men In Black folks did quite a bit of live fire training in the woods nearby when BSR was running that training there. Never had the chance to drive the Shenandoah or Jefferson circuits, but watched lots of races on them.

And LOVE the E46 BMWs. Had a 5 spd. 330 ZSP (sport package) that I modified with all the tasty ZHP parts and set alignment up to that spec. Absolutely perfectly balanced car. Had just the right blend of power and handling prowess and would have made a perfect track car if I had kept it and gone that way. Almost paid good money for an E46 M3, but went VW route instead when I sold the Bimmer.

Probably an E46...330 with that Z whatever package.
Find good 128i E82. They are getting up in price and compared to E46, has far more robust rear subframe.
You could shed weaight on 128 well below 3,000lbs and engine could be bumped to around 300hp on the crank.

Find good 128i E82. They are getting up in price and compared to E46, has far more robust rear subframe.
You could shed weaight on 128 well below 3,000lbs and engine could be bumped to around 300hp on the crank.
A buddy lost the rear sub on his E46 on track...so lucky... need to have them reinforced.

AHHHHH YEAH!!!!!! Swag-bag on the way from the book of face! Tagged two buddies, got some free stuff. HPL FTW!

Capture2.JPG

This weekends shenanigans at VIR. Several videos on my YouTube to check out...please subscribe! LOTS of MK7 VWs! No oil consumption and lower temps saw oil temps around 265 max. HPL delivered!
20231209_124715.jpg
FB_IMG_1702199857212.jpg

Here's a chase video from a fellow in a MK7 Golf R. Start at 14:00 and you can see me from a chase perspective.

It's a 1.8L....no idea.
Every bmw I've worked on is the same. The 1.9 vw TDI engines have wide cams but they're also cam on bucket, not roller rocker valvetrain. My Mitsubishi has wide cam lobes and rollers, same with the few Chevy LS engines I've seen apart.

Back